do it! mehhh :(

edited February 2012 in Relationships
So I really want a ring for Valentine's day! But I really don't think I'm getting one I think I'm getting mocassins. We've been together since April 08 and I just want like a promise ring or an engagement ring lol. After we found out I was pregnant he told me if I wanted to get married before my son was born he would be more than happy to marry me. Well I said no cause I didn't want to only get married cause we were having a baby. Well I'm dumb and shoulda got my ring when I had the chance! I want to like hint to him that I want a ring but I'm a chicken. My friend told me she will give me a ring and to wear it till he is like where dis u get that and I would say not from u lol. Idk can I just have suggestions on how to hint to him that I want a ring please :)

Comments

• Oh and lately he's been saying how I'm gonna make a wonderful wife and how he wants to spend his life with me and that it's not worth it if he's not with me. So kinda sounds like he's going to...but I don't wanna set myself up for disappointment :/
  • I would just start circling rings I like in catalogues and leave them where you know he will see them... If that doesnt work I would just be honest and talk to hom
  • With so many girls having similar stories as you I think this is the real reason us girls were told to "wait for marrage" as children. Screw preserving our innocence, grandma was warning us!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • In my situation i knew he was gonna get me a ring soon cuz he told me. I wanted to make sure that he knew what kind of ring i wanted. So we were in the mall & i took him into a store & showed him the kinda ring i wanted. Maybe u could just say...i know someday we will be married so i want to show u the kinda ring i'd like. It kinda takes some of the fun outta the surprise but he got me the ring that day i showed him. He said that he was gonna hold on to it till he was ready to propose. It took him a month later to propose and give me the ring. I was dying cuz i knew it was in the house and i couldnt see it or wear it for awhile.
  • Go to the mall and casually go into a jewelry store, lol. Look at something else for a minute, and slowly make your way to the rings.
  • Well my now step mom before she got married to my dad, had her eye on this one ring for two years.. But kept it a secret from my dad.. Like everytime we went to the mall she would have to look at it. Lol. Anyways one night she got a lil drunk and built the courage to show him on the computer.. He surprised her in Jamaica a couple months later. :) it was cute
  • In my opinion, I think you should wait and allow him to do it in his own time. :) No sense in rushing it if you're going to make a commitment to each other for a lifetime. It will happen eventually!
  • Lol my man and I know we will be together for the rest of our lives but he's comfortable with how things are so I doubt he will purpose which sucks since vday is our anniversary. I don't care for a ring right now since we are broke but just the purposal is enough. What I would do if I were u is everytime a ring commercial is on say wow that ring is beautiful or wow that's a good Sale