Facebook for your baby?

edited February 2012 in Parenting
I didn't know what category to put this under..anyways..I know some people who have made a Facebook for their children, the one boy is 3 the other is 1, then another person I know made their 6 month old a fb...what are your thoughts on this? I think (no body take offense its a personal opinion) that it is completely stupid! Idk what these parents are thinking making these fbs for their kids who are way to young to use it themselves! Then they update their status like "pwaying wit muh lil bro Mason" I'm not sure if they are trying to make it look like the kid typed it by misspelling words or what its just stupid in my opinion & I don't see a point in it at all...I know my 8 month old wont be getting one anytime soon or my 5 yr old stepdaughter

Comments

• Wow. And I thought I didn't have a life lol. That's just stupid
  • That is REALLY lame.
  • Lol I have one for my baby BUT it's only because we needed a way to be able to communicate with our nephew. His mom and dad (hubby's brother and sisterinlaw) forced him and his siblings to block us so that we couldn't get in contact with them. So, my husband made one before our baby was even born so he could talk to him. Just havent taken it down yet after we got his number lol
  • I think it is completely lame as well. I've seen some girls say they do it so they don't blow up their newsfeed with pics of their baby, but my opinion is if pictures or statuses about your child annoy your fb friends...then they should be deleted.
  • @captivated I agree with you friends and family that cares are going to ask all the time for more pictures and I know mine always want to know whats going on dj there is no reason to make a profile for your baby after all your profile is about your life and having children is our life at least that is how I feel about my daughter :)
  • Yea that's to much. I can see if it's just a page that family and friends can add so they have nothing but the baby's pics to see but going as far as writing status is stupid. I know someone that did it only for family and the status would say something like the growth of baby or if the baby started crawling. That wasn't bad and you could only find it if you had the email.
  • All I have to say is smh lmao
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My oldest daughter is 11, and she doesn't even have a fb. Why? Because she's 11 LOL
  • I wouldn't make my son his own page but like I've told my husband, my page is basically his since I post stuff about him and tons of pictures lol..I like that my family and friends can see them all! If someone on my friends doesn't like it in their newsfeed then block my posts or unfriend me :)
  • Weird maybe if they had a disease or something for awareness or donations but just because is freaky!
  • My son has one, he's 5. I use it to post pictures of him so that his family out of state can see him. And yes, I update his status from time to time with things (spelled correctly, of course). I actually like @2ndbutfirst idea for the baby book, that's way cute. Anyway, he cannot be added by anybody and he cannot be searched for. Sorry it's weird to y'all,, but im sure there are things you do that others would find weird or stupid or lame or every other word in the book..smh.
  • I think it's like painting a big target on your child saying 'paedophiles welcome' my children will be in their teens and able to handle consequences of their actions on a public forum. Sorry if this offends anyone its jmo
  • @LilSugarsMomma not being funny but can they see his pictures on your page?
  • edited February 2012
    I know a girl who made one for her daughter so her family could see pics, and so the mom could keep her social life private from the fam..
  • My 8yr old has one!! Supervised by me or her nan! Highest security settings and everything is checked often, i don't let her play outside because the kids in our road are mostly older or little brats so i let her have fb!

@2ndbutfirst ^:)^
  • @hot2cold87 my family can, but his fathers family can't since I'm not friends with them. That's why he has one, so that his family on his dads side can see him, too. His dad uploads a lot of pictures to it also. @tinka1326 It's not a big target to a pedophile if you go about blocking everything properly, you just have to use your brain and take the same precautions as you do on your own page.
  • Like @lucyloo said, maybe some people prefer to keep some things private. We post pictures like how well he is getting and writing his name, cool pictures he's drawn, pictures from halloween or christmas... I don't see how that offends you all so much. I doubt parents are allowing people to just let anyone see their kids' shit.
  • I just hope that Facebook goes away by the time my son is old enough to understand the word "social network ". I don't have a Facebook, neither does my hb and neither will my 3mo old. No thx
  • I made one for my baby that I post pics to. I also have one for my cat. My fb is for me and my babies is all about him. It's set to private so only people I allow can see it and people can leave messages and pics and I can save them four him for when ge gets older. I had to block my bf.s bil from my fb so that's the only way he gets to see pics