love Ross!!!!

edited February 2012 in Equipment & Supplies
I went to Ross yesterday, I spent $60 and got a pair of maternity jeans, two pairs of booties, 15 onesies, five outfits a curling iron (for my daughter). The stuff is all name brand Nike, puma, Disney...I love that place:):)

Comments

• Wow that's awesome wish we had one !
  • It was great, I was so excited. My family is weird I know I'm bot getting a shower so every time we go shopping I've been grabbing stuff...I went yesterday only for maternity stuff and found all this baby stuff, I'm starting to feel better. Little bummed bc Sat was my sisters shower (due two weeks before me) my other sister threw it for her...the sister I gave all my sons stuff to for her baby...which he is one. So the same sister gave all the stuff I gave her away and I guess felt it was ok to just hand it away and not give it back to me. So not only do I get no shower but also doesn't look like I'm getting any of my boy clothes back:( So we are starting over again...
  • @bexiewexie I really don't know. I believe in helping everyone, I gave everything I had to my sister for her kids bc she had twins one boy one girl. To help her and she turned up her nose at them. I found out thru one of our friends she also gave her stuff and my sister gave most of it back Plus the stuff I gave her. Now her and her husband are struggling and the babies didn't even have costs up until a month ago. They are one and don't have shoes, and we live where its really cold, no booties. Every time I see them the kids they have the exact same clothes on as the last time I saw them. I don't get it I try to help people and I get nothing, not that I expect to but when I give you don't even get a Thank-you...they turn around and secretly hand it to someone else.
    My family thinks just bc I had a shower for my daughter 8 years ago that was enough. Even tho I'm having a boy...I don't know I do a whole lot for my family and this is what I get they act like I'm a leper. I just gave my dad a car, only asking him to pay to transfer the title. I was the only one who sat with my mom in the ER when she was sick. My dad is in the hospital and I called 911 and the ambulance took him to the hospital...I asked my 24 year old brother if he wouldn't mind following the ambulance bc I had the two kids and my son was in a mood...and he was more concerned about missing his plans to go out to eat, buy yes I'm the one that everyone seems to never want to.help or give a s**t about...I don't know what or why...
  • I'm sorry :/ are you going to breastfeed or formula? I have several similac checks i could send you.
  • Wow thats a deal! I wish we had a Ross in Chicago :(
  • I love dd's more than Ross but Ross is great. Its the same company
  • @NylasMommy what is dd? We have Ross, Marshalls, tj maxx, aj Wright no dd tho:( the good thing is and the reason I go to Ross is bc they put a new one closer to me and with this one you can avoid crazy mall traffic:)
    @bexiewexie thx, I really needed to vent that, I've just been so down bc I can't figure out why they are this way. I've def seen that my little family here, my fiance and two kids are my loving family...I grew up with these non caring people and since having my kids and fiance I realize there is something called love and people who really care. Not this acting like you give a crap but really don't. But you are so right these kids are my everything, and I will always be grateful that God blessed me with them:):)
  • @Kimberly4411 what is that? The similac check?
  • DDS is like Ross. have everything Ross have but cheaper. All brand names stuff n I luv it. Like a pack of Jordan onesies or roca wear just 5.99 pack of five. Got my maternity work pants for 4.99 lol. We have tj maxx n marshalls. Im from san Francisco
  • They're $5 off checks for a can of similac formula, i figured every little bit can help since you're family is being crazt
  • @NylasMommy oh ok gotcha...that's def cool tho...can't beat those prices.
    @Kimberly4411 awe, thx...I never knew they had that. How do you get those?
    @bexiewexie Yeh, I def needed it today I'm just so emotional and after going to two showers I helped plan and used my money for...it just made me really bummed. I guess I'm being selfish...I should be happy for my sister.
  • @excitedforoctober try Marshalls and t j maxx. They're kinda related to Ross. My cousin is a manager at a Ross in cali and sends me stuff.
  • Go to the similac website and sign up, you'll get samples and checks you can also do enfamil and they'll send you stuff too
  • Oh ok thx:)I will def do that...I really appreciate it @Kimberly4411 anything helps:)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh wow it sucks that your family is that way.. you should honestly stop doing shit for them.. I'm the same way and I'm completely fed up with their shit.. I'm about to send all of them to hell including my mom. They expect me to put them all first, even before my kids. And sounds like your family is the same way. You are a wonderful person , but You need to stop doing so much for them.. and throw your own shower:) I have many friends who have done it and it has turned out great.
  • Breastfeeding cuts the cost of formula to zero :)
  • I love Ross! I just bought some baby clothes today from there today lol. I live in Hawaii and they are building the first tj maxx down the road from my house. Is that like Ross?
  • @jdensma I was thinking about that my friend is doing it she is due a day before me, but I just don't want to feel bad if they decide not to come...I too had a girl 8 years ago, then a son two years ago...got a half asked shower for my daughter. It was really just my aunt mom and sisters, they had it at my moms and didn't ask any other people. Shouldn't complain bc I got one which surprised me. @Janet_2011 I feel I'm done trying. I know it sounds bad but I feel sometimes I get more appreciation from friends and strangers...I'd rather hand my stuff to a donation box than them. I mean other than my dad who I can tell really appreciates what I do...he goes every day out of his way to pick up our daughter bc we both work. I was the only one who was at the hospital with him and when he said Thank-you I could tell he really appreciated it. I'm sorry you go thru it too. I know right now I'm just soo emotional bc being pregnant but I'll tell ya, its the last straw.
    @myHEARTx3 yes tj maxx is like Ross...its one of those places you gotta go at the right time to get good things...sometimes they have stuff sometimes they don't.
  • @sehra4177 i used to think that it was me being emotional since the pregnancy has your hormones all over the place, but girl i am not pregnant any more and i still feel the same way.. the only person who appreciates anything i do is my 9 year old little brother.. he told me yesterday : i love you, thanks for everything you do and thanks for taking care of me.. i almost cried since those words melted my heart, it atleast got a huge smile on my face. i think moms believe we have the obligation to put through everything they do or say to us just because they give birth to us.. it isnt even fair that they act that way :(
  • @Janet_2011 I think your right. I was just talking to my fiance about it, my family mainly my sisters are just so ungrateful and my brother. He was saying how I'm the only one who went to the hospital with my dad, it was snowing I'm 8 months pregnant and had two kids in tow. I almost fell bc there was no parking in the ER lot so I had to park far away and almost fell on the hill going up. But my brother who has no one to worry about couldn't go. It makes me wonder about priorities. Then I told my sister what happened and she had an attitude with me bc she was the last to know...ugh! I def give it to ly fiance, he is def there for us, keeps me sane:)
  • @sehra4177 same here, if it wasnt because of my husband i dont know where i would be right now.. i just feel like moving to a completely different state .. i just dont do it because my 2 year loves her grandparents.