Mama needs some sleep

edited February 2012 in Sleep
My daughter started sleeping 6+ hours a night when she was a few months then all of a sudden last month started waking up 3-4 x a night she is 8 months now and should be sleeping way more then that! I'm so tired! I have tried skipping evening naps, I have tried feeding her cereal right before bed, I have tried keeping her up later...idk what to do anymore! She wakes up to eat some of her bottle (she will drink 2- 6oz bottles sometimes) I'm at a loss and so tired my bf will not wake up with her, even on weekends when he has no work..he has never woken up with her not even once...someone please help I'm willing to try anything! Btw the longest she has slept in a month is 4 hours! Just doesn't seem right for an eight (almost nine) month old...should I take her to the doctor?

Comments

• My daughter is doing the same thing! She was sleeping through the night since 2 months then all of the sudden she stopped and wakes up 3 times a night. She is almost 5 months. I hope you get some good suggestions
  • Me too! I'm just exhausted lol my bf doesn't help at all so he wont even watch her so I can nap only help I get it from my mom but she is in college and has lots of homework so I hate asking her for help
  • Yea I'm a single mom and I'm in nursing school so its tough. I feel like I've tried everything and nothing has changed in her nighttime routine. She is sleeping worse now then she was when she was a newborn and it sucks.
  • that's how my daughter was till I stopped letting her nap during the day a lot she only naps once or twice a day for like An hour and a half and I keep her busy till about 9pm then I give her Gerber take her a nice hot bath put lotion n powder all over her and put sum warm PJ's on lay her in her crib give her a bottle turn off all the lights lower the TV and she falls right asleep doesn't wake up till about 430am eats falls right bak asleep till 930 am.. she is 5 months old
  • Try doing a sleep routine. For my lil girl i first i give her nakie time and pay with her, then i feed her, then i give her a bath (every other night) then put her jammies on and wrap her up and read to her. She usually falls almost by the end of the story. Then i lay her in her bassenett, turn a lullaby on and turn out the lights. She goes right to sleep and stays asleep. :) shes 3.5 months