Cereal help. Please

edited February 2012 in Ages & Stages
So Wednesday Ashton started cereal for the first time and he's been doing well. And now what I knew was going to happen has.... he just pooped and it was pretty solid. Should I skip a few days?

Comments

• Have tried mixing it with a little juice ? It wuld constipate my kids a little at first but I didn't stop cuz I wanted them to get use to it it only lasted a few days .
  • My son pediatrician told me if that happened to stop and wait a little longer to try again and she also said that oatmeal is a lot better the cereal cuz cereal constipates them.
  • O yea oatmeal is way better rice constipated my baby bad I only gave it to her a couple times an switched
  • Thank you ladies.
  • My son was doing the same thing @mom924 my pedi said use barley instead of rice in bottle but keep feeding the cereal... Try it, it helped my son A LOT :)
  • Give your baby a little warm water or prune apple gerber juice diluted with water
  • @ FiRstTiMeOcT_mOm
    @ preggointx
    @everyone....I'm gonna stop for a dew days. And then I will try oatmeal instead of rice. Thank you all for the help!