Crawling Baby & FTM

so my baby is 8 months now, and shes crawling like a mad woman. its exhausting trying to keep up with her.
im looking into getting some kind of play pen, or baby gates or SOMETHING which will keep her in a safe area, while still giving her some room to move and play (not a 3x3 area where all she can do is sit!!) were living with my parents right now (moving into our brand new spanking house at the end of april) so completely baby proofing the place isnt really an option at this point.
what have you guys used, or do you have any suggestions? ive tried putting things in her way (big pillows, coffee tables etc) but shes now pulling herself up so those only delay her about 30 seconds!
she doesnt sleep much during the day, which is the only time i can get stuff done (unless i carry her) so needless to say everything is super disorganised right now.
thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• edited February 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks @armahnismommy I've looked at pens, and they seem so small! I'm so concerned cause there are stairs, a rugged rock fire place and tons of lamp cords all around. I'm so lost!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Check out the safety aisle at babies r us.. they have something for pretty much everything! Is there enough room for her to be in a walker while you're doing other stuff? That way she can't really get to much, but she can still be occupied and moving..
  • edited February 2012
    @lucyloo there is, but they're pretty pricey where I live so I don't want to buy one shell grow out of right away. I may have to bite the bullet tho. I have sooo much laundry to do! Lol checking out stores is a good call. I've only looked online!

@armahnismommy ya I know the stairs are a must! She almost went down them the other day (and they're hardwood!!) I thought I was going to have a freaking heart attack! The fire place is almost adjacent to the stairs, which is why I was thinking a pen at first, but I think she wouldn't like it. So a dumb question, if I put covers in the sockets, what do I do with lamp cords? Just unplug them and wrap them around the lamp??

Ugh I feel so stupid!!
  • There's a thing at babies r us for lamp cords, lol! I can't remember what its called, or how it worked, but I know I saw it! And there's this bumper pad thing for the fireplace.

Check Craigslist for a walker.. they're usually pretty cheap if its not some super-duper-teach-your-baby-French thing.
  • Okay awesome. Thanks @lucyloo288 I will definitely check it out. I should check online (I'm in Canada so its kijiji but essentially the same as Craigslist) do the walkers you're talking about have wheels?? We used to have them but they're now illegal which sucks. I know my daughter would love it!
  • Walkers are illegal there?
  • OMG what?? Why are walkers illegal??
  • Thats crazy. Im actually bought to go out and buy one.
  • Yeah, my two year used a walker and she's OK lol.. I am buying one for my baby as well @Steph_Due_101611
  • If you get to of the gate pens you should be able to link them together for a larger play area.
  • edited February 2012
    Go to amazon and look up little playzone with lights and sounds play yard, that looked neat and it can go outside when you get your fancy new house :) also, if you have a large, empty corner, they make babygates that link together, kinda like this, Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    but you'd only need to sides ( and it does not have to be that big lol) the other two sides would be walls