Waxing the vajayjay...

edited February 2012 in Just for Fun
Anyone here get their netherregions waxed? I'm thinking about it, but it really scares me!

Comments

• I have before but not for years. I wanted to now that I'm prego just not sure where to go here and if it will hurt more.
  • You donkt have to have them use wax strips there is hard wax that you or. Salon puts on that melts the hair at the roots and when done you just peel it off no pain just warm :) Strips tend to hurt a bit. Or you can nair and that is painless and cheep!
  • Scary! Yeah, I'd prefer hard wax, I was researching online and preferred it.
  • Just wonder if it hurts more when prego?
  • I don't feel nair worked well :(
  • Yeah, I don't want to do Nair. I'm thinking i'm going to get a deep bikini wax. I'm not down for brazilians LOL.
  • That's what I want to but don't know where to go
  • I would love to try waxing down there but I can't imagine opening my legs to a stranger unless I'm giving birth lol.. so shaving it is.
  • Lol I don't think I can go long enough to get it waxed. Where do you get hard wax?
  • @Janet_2011 Exactly how is that even comfortable, not only the factor of a stranger down there waxing it but also with the pain it causes. Which im more then sure it's painful lol. People have almost screamed from just getting other parts of their bodies waxed so I can only imagine it would be more painful if it was in a private and sensitive part of the body.
  • I wanna get it waxed I'm tired if shavin but I do use nair on my bikini areas an it actually works really well
  • I've wanted to do nair, but is it safe?
  • @JoJosmomma NAIR BURNED THE S*IT OUT OF ME. Soo, if you are gonna try it try it on like your underarms first. If that works then try it on the Vajay.
  • It's not like your junk is out flapping in the wind lol, they drape you and only uncover the part in which they're waxing. It was one thing that prevented me from it, but after further research, there are places that are very modest about it...thank goodness lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Anyone know how to find out where to go?
  • The lady that used to wax me told me that taking prenatal vitamins makes the roots of your hair thicker, and that it's supposed to hurt more. Haven't had a wax since I found out I was pregnant in 2010, but I find that it's easier to have it done by someone else and not yourself!
  • @heather3rdgirl You should be able to google it. That's what I did, I called them today and asked questions, and I am figuring out a day I can get it done. Excited, yet nervous!
  • Did they say how much it is going to cost. Ahhh you will have to let me know when your going. :)
  • I get it done all the time didn't hurt me more pregnant. It's anywhere from 60-80 depending on where u live. I prefer it. As far as the stranger part its their job not like they're down there snapping pics or anything
  • Also it lasts anywhere from 3-6 weeks. The more you get it done the longer it lasts. And most places charge less for maintenance than the initial visit
  • You can purchase hard wax at places like cosmoprof and sallys Some saloons and spas will sell it or try amazon :)
  • Never done it lol
  • Oooo, it's so much nicer than shaving! Some areas are uncomfortable, but I think that just depends on the angle at which they are pulling. It's not as painful as you would think.
  • Oh, and I neglected to say it hasn't failed to be an instant male aphrodisiac each time I get it done!
  • OMG after what..@mijita said I want to try it lol
  • How exactly does the hard wax work? I found it online for $17.99 Can you do your whole area safely? Lol I'm 16 wks pregnant