IUD bleeding

edited February 2012 in Health
Ok so my first period post partum was terrible! Cramps from hell and bled off and on for over 3 weeks. About 4 weeks after stopping I got the mirena put in and have been bleeding off and on since (over a month) the longest I have stopped 4 is like 12 hours. Most of it is light to modrate, but the cramps when it does get heavy are In my back too and suck! When will it stop?! I thought mirena was supposed to make periods better not worse! Or is it always like this post partum?

Comments

• Mirena comes with some bleeding. Its different for every woman. It should get lighter or disappear when your body becomes use to it.
  • I've been dealing with the same thing along with your symptoms I was getting headaches although they have subsided. The doc said its normal side effects and should die down soon. You just have to wait it out. I have my follow up appointment with her on the 29th.
  • I had my mirena put in less then a month ago but never really got my period just a few spots herr and therr.. Dont know if its normal either