baby oil messing up hair

Has anyone ever heard this that putting baby oil in your baby hair that it will mess up or fall out?

Comments

• No. Lol. That's strange.
  • @Fate yea I thought so too cause my mom used it in my hair and as you can see in my profile pic I got good hair and it's all mine lol
  • My friend has mixed older kids an she told me not to put it in my sons hair cuz it wuld make it fall out
  • I used it on my 2 years old when she was a baby and her hair didn't fall out.
  • @Mrz_Jackson I'm mixed and my mom put it in my hair and nothing happened to me still got a good head of hair
  • My son didn't have hardley any so I didn't wanna chance it but it all ended up falling out anyway but I don't use baby oil anyway I use all organic on my kids hair
  • That's all my mom put on my hair when I was little and I have the THICKEST hair!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I put it in my daughter's hair & it did indeed fall out. I have been told it effects black kid's hair differently, but idk if that's true or not.
  • @ArmyMommy oh ok it was a black person who told me that...did all ur babies hair fall out it just patches...is she full black
  • Nope, it's an old wive's tale. It actually leads to hair growth and healthier hair. Doesn't cause loss :)
  • @newmomma13, It came out in patches. My father is bi-racial, but my daughter & I fully black. My cousin is a beautician & she told me that it clogs the pores. Again I'm not sure how true that is though. Kendall's hair thinned out all over & completely dropped out in the back.
  • @ArmyMommy I don't put it at the roots just the ends

@captivated oh ok thanks
  • @newmomma13, I'd assume you should be fine then. Kendall's texture is still curly. My mil squirtted the baby oil all in my poor baby's head when we visited them in November. Her hair came out very shortly afterwards. It could just be a coincidence.
  • I use it on my daughter all the time, she gets cradle cap. Never had an issue. But babies hair usually falls out around 4 months and new hair comes in
  • I use organic moisturizing lotion on my daughter!!!
  • I'm white and I think baby oil made my son's hair fall out in patches. I ended up shaving his head.
  • I used it in all of my kids hard...all four have thick, beautiful hair. I'm planning on using it on my son as well :-)
  • Hair* damn typos...
  • Kids hair usually falls out in patches..... Obviously every kid is different. My son has random bald looking spots. We are as white as it comes. He has cradle cap and just today the pedi told us to start putting baby oil on it. So I don't think the oil has anything to do with it.
  • My kids are mixed and I've never used it. The only thing I've heard from my pedi is not to use it for dry scalp bc it actually makes it worse. Now that my daughter is older I use pink lotion. But so far both kids have my type of hair bc my fiance is mixed himself, black, Jamaican and his mom is Irish , German so I think that's why they got my hair. My son's is getting coarse tho.