Homemade baby food

edited February 2012 in Solid Foods
So I've decided I'm going to make my own baby food and have actually made a couple batches. I try to bake most things bc I don't have a steamer yet and I've just been using my blender. it works just fine but I would like to get a steamer and processor. I've been looking at some of the baby food makers (beaba, baby brezza, baby bullet...ect) but I'm not sure if they are a waste of money. I want to make large batches and freeze them and it seems like all the baby items are just for small batches.

what is everyone using ? Pros...Cons?

Comments

• Baby Bullet. It's worth the money. :)
  • I use the baby bullet. Mine came with a larger attachment so you can make more at a time than you see on tv. I love it.
  • Have the baby brezza and love it! So convenient to dice the food and it stream and blend all in the same container. Easy to clean and easy to use! Been using mine for 5 months now and I have no complaints
  • @Carrie can u make large batches in it? haven't seen one yet in person so I'm just curious how much u can make before I spend the money. I love the steam/blend option it has!
  • bby bullet!!!! love ittttt!!!!
  • @crystaldawn0830 Not really large batches. I guess on average it makes about 10-12 Oz at a time. I do 3 batches a weekend one yellow veggie, one green veggie, and a fruit takes about an hour and last all week.
  • I make all my sons solid foods but I bought a normal blender and only use this blender for his food. I've never had a problem. In my opinion, those baby blenders are just for marketing purposes if u ask me!
  • How do all of you store the food?? What kind of containers? And how long does it keep in the fridge? I've only been making one serving at a time cuz I'm clueless lol. I just have a Munchkin hand grinder.
  • I bought 1in x 1in sylicon ice cube trays and use that.. its about 1.75oz of food in each. I freeze them and pop out the blocks and put them in a labeled baggy.
  • I do the same thing lilbit01_209 does. it's nice because it last 1-3 months in the freezer. I won't be going over a month tho.

after lots of consideration I've decided to buy an electric steamer and then a food processor. I went to the store today to compare and of course I found all the baby items super cute! however a large electric steamer (three tiers) can steam a lot of different items all at once. I still love all the baby bullet accessories so I probably will buy some of their storage containers. I found a nice processor that can hold up to 8 cups also. I just wanted to be able to use these items after the LO is grown (u know...steam mommy up a lobster haha) so for close to 80$ I gotw hat I need and hopefully I won't regret my decision.