Mommies with convertible carseats, help!

I got my son a convertible car seat. He's sitting up with assistance and can last on his own for maybe a minute tops. He's nearly 27 inches long and 15lbs 15oz. His infant carseat can go up to 20lbs but I'm anxious to try out the convertible one. Is it too soon? I'm gonna miss the convenience of attaching the carseat to his stroller and the convertible carseat doesn't come with a canopy.... :( wondering if I made a bad decision? Help me out please! Oh, on its plus side, the carseat reclines really far so I thought the was great. Bought it yesterday at BabiesRUS for $199. An evenflo symphony?

Comments

• How old his he mine is 7 months and weights 19lbs and 1oz. Did I mention that he was five weeks early you can't tell by look at him...lol
  • @eeyore
    He's 5 months old & your little guy looks so mature! I'm always asked if my son was early. The irony lol
  • I thought bout getn my baby one she's 4 months but I love the convenence of the infant carseat but ill be getn her one this summer wen she's able to sit up in the shopping carts an stuff like that I like the infant carseat in the cold that way I can jus throw a cover over an go so they won't get cold an sick having to get them out of the carseat
  • I got my sons at 5 1/2 months he hated his baby one. We both love the new carseat. Its a graco smart seat :)
  • I got my son one. Im having issues with it installing right so will be taking it to the police station tomorrow lol
    I say if you want to use it go for it
  • @kayycarter I put my daughter in hers at four months you can always put them in it in the house see how they do then try the car most convertible car seats are rated 5-100 lbs especially if it reclines back far your son should be ok but read the owners manual for specific weight requirements
  • edited February 2012
    I have the symphony and we have used it since birth... No issues with it at all...
  • My profile pic is of my three year old daughter @kayycarter
  • I just bought mine the 3 in 1 graco brand new off eBay for 131.38. Babies r us wanted 189.99 for it. It goes from 20lbs -100. My daughter has the same one and I love that seat everything is washable on it and she has vomited in it more than once and u can't even tell
  • It's okay to transfer if it's from 5lbs and up. I think I have the evenflo triumph and I love it
  • @WyattsMommy i see that one at costco all the time
  • edited February 2012
    I got cosco too I would wait till my baby is above the weight limit I bought mine last week my son is 21/22 pounds he hasn't used it yet we r moving this week so when we get to the new place he will transition into it
  • Thank you ladies. Is there a canopy that I could attach to shade him from the sun?