discouraged

edited February 2012 in Postpartum Health
I'm so upset about my body anymore, and it makes it worse that my husband has done so great at losing weight the past two months. He is doing P90X and has really stuck to his goal, you can see that he is losing weight and he feels much better about himself. I'm so glad he is happier and getting healthy, but I wish I could be doing it with him. I have tried many different things the past two months and cant seem to stick to any of them, and I'm not having any success at eating healthy and losing weight. Neither one of us are that big, but we are a little over weight. Lets just say we were both in excellent shape and thin when we started dating, when I got pregnant with my first son I put on tons of weight, and he put some on too. After I had him I lost most of the weight, all but about 10-15 pounds. We got married that summer and then I didnt really care and started gaining weight again, and we wanted to have one more baby so I figured why work hard for a body right now. My husband was then injured in the army and had ankle surgery twice and put on some more weight and it was all very stressful bc we were finishing up college also. Then I got pregnant with my second son and I had him in September and since then I have stuggled to lose weight. I'm about 180lbs now and before I had any kids I was around 130, and I'm 5'5. I also have to be in my friends wedding in august and would love to be thinner for it. I feel like I have lost all hope and motivation to lose the weight.

I guess I'm just writing this to get my thoughts out, maybe I will start writing about my weight loss journey in here every day. I'm willing to try anything at this point now, so any advice on what you all do to lose weight would be great. Also, success stories are encouraging... I'm hoping to lose this weight by summer time, or atleast be on the path by then and seeing results. Also going to a gym is out of the question bc I work all day and when I get home I want to see my kids, and I dont want to go to the gym late at night or early in the morning, it seems like a waste of time and money. I hate doing videos I never see results and get so bored with them. A treadmill or bike would be GREAT! but I cant bring myself to want to spend the money on it, especially when I looked them up online today. I'm going to start running outside every morning before I shower for work and the kids get up, I'm going to get up at 5am and hopefully I can stick with that... but we will see. I just hope spring comes quick, because I know the coldness of PA will be what makes me stop running outside in the morning.

Comments

• I hate doing videos too, but my son was born premature so that has limited me from taking him to the gym. So I started doing jillian Michaels 30 day shred video & it's great because it is only a 20 min workout & I get my gift kicked everytime I do it! I'm a working mom too, so I like that it's only 20 min. I got it on amazon for only $9 too...very worth it if you want to try something like that.
  • @hanerc I will look into that one, I loved watching her on the biggest loser and I really just wish I could go on that show. I watched the infomercial for one of her weight loss plans this morning and was going to get it then I saw it was over $100 and felt if I cant stick to other videos why spend that much and not be able to stick with it.
  • **kicks my butt**
  • The biggest things to remember is drink lots of water, be conscientious about portion control because it really does make a difference, eat often but eat good things, and don't push yourself!

I, too, am struggling with weight. I am 5 foot even, and I was about 120 before I got pregnant with my first back in 2005. I am a naturally curvy lady, I have hips and thighs and boobs, but I was fit and a healthy size 9 and I loved my body. I gained 70 pounds with my son and never got off the last 35. I had my daughter last year and only gained 40 with her, but lost it within a month. Now I'm just extra flabby, my boobs are extra saggy, and still have that 35 pounds that needs to come off and I've had one hell of a time trying to get it off.

Before I got pregnant with my daughter, I tried for months to whip myself into shape. I went to the gym 5 days a week, 2 hours a day. I limited my calories to under 1800 a day, I cut out soda and sugar, and I actually gained 7 pounds. I was losing inches as my clothes weren't so tight, but after about 4 months, I wasn't making progress. I gave up. :(

Now, I struggle with myself because I want to start dating and going out with friends, but I feel so gross about myself. I don't understand why I can't lose weight! However, I'm going to start dieting again, but I'm not going to diet in the sense of an actual diet. I'm going to cut out sugar and soda because they're my biggest temptation these days. I'm going to add in lots of fruits, veggies, and water. I'm going to start small.

If you want, I will be your weight loss buddy! I'm ready to do this! You can do it too!!!
  • @my2boys This video is totally worth it, especially since it is only $9. She has 3 levels so if you are a beginner, you can start with level one and work your way up. And the 20 minutes is what sold me...most videos are 30-45 min & they drag for me, but this one goes so fast :)
  • @LilSugarsMomma I feel just like you with in the way that with my first son I gained almost 70lbs and never could lose the last bit of weight. With my second son I gained only 20lbs and lost all but about 5lbs right away, and I'm still left with all the weight from before. I wish looking back I would have paid way more attention to what I ate the first time I was pregnant. Everyone told me "o your young it will fall right off"... MY ASS!!!!! It all stayed right on my ass, and when I worked hard to lose it, a couple months of not caring and knowing I was going to have more kids it came right back. Now I'm ready to make the change for myself and my family, I want to be an active healthy mom, and a good looking wife (not like hubby cares though, he just wants me to be happy). I would love to be your weight loss buddy, hopefully this time around we both succeed!
  • @hanerc Thanks I'm going to look at walmart tonight when we go
  • @hanerc have you seen weight loss results from doing it? and how often do you do it?
  • @my2boys I gained 30 lbs with this pregnancy, but my son was born at 30 wks. I lost 15 immediately, but the last 15 seemed to stay. I started doing the video at 5 wks pp & I now have about 5 to lose. I can totally see a difference and I feel like my body is getting toner. I've always been big into execise & in pretty good shape so I definitely think you could get results by doing this one. I try and get in atleast 4 workouts a week, I still go to the gym if my husband is home to watch the kids, but on average, I probably do her video 3 days a week. And, I've been doing it since Nov and it still tires me out everytime!!