Im about to lose my mind!!!!

My two and a half year old has been up for three hours now! I have to keep putting him in bed and he won't stay there. Bedtime has been such a struggle for the last month and he used to sleep awesome. This can't be normal. I've tried cutting out naps, tiring him out during the day, cutting out sugar....nothing helps. I'm so frustrated I'm actually crying

Comments

• Just keep at it hun, keep a straight face, dont give in to frustration and each time put him back to bed. Hes proberly just testing you so keep at it and if he carries on take away a favourite toy each time and explain why :)
  • Thanks, that's a good idea with the toys because he has a ton of stuffed animals he wants with him so he might actually care about that enough to listen
  • Put a gate up at his door so even if he gets up, he can't get out of his room. As long as he can't hurt himself in there you should be fine!
  • @BigBelly thanks, that's a good idea but we can't because its an old quirky house that has a couple of wood steps going into his room so if he climbed and fell he'd really get hurt
  • @tashalou I tried your idea and it took about 40 minutes and he lost half his animals but he went to sleep. We'll see if it'll help in the long run
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thats brilliant Im glad it helped it will end soon so stay strong :)
  • @ArmahnisMommy I cosleep with my 9 month old so I can't stay in my two year olds room and even if I could I think it'd make him worse...he's not sick or scared he just plain doesn't want to sleep and is being difficult on purpose
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ArmahnisMommy I probably would've given in weeks ago and just let him cosleep but my husband doesn't want him cosleeping for years and years lol
  • Maybe he is just jealous and wants to sleep with mommie too? This is why I don't Co sleep.. there's some days that I put my 6 months old in the bed with us so I can feed her and go back to sleep but when I do that 4 of us end up cramped up in a queen size bed
  • @Janet_2011 I was thinking that maybe was the problem but now we're pretty sure its cuz my husband works nights ....he doesn't do this when he's off work :(
  • Dreading the night to come!!!!
  • @MichelleBelle aw he misses daddy:(
  • I just wanted to tell you I like your name :-) my name is Sarah Michelle and my family all calls me Belle. A nickname my preschool teacher gave me and it stuck I guess LOL :P
  • @smcox thanks! People used to sing the Beatles song to me when I was younger so it popped into my head when I was trying to pick a screen name :)