Parents in law bugging bout gettn my baby dedicated!

so my bfs parents r really religious n keep bringing up how we haven't dedicated her yet n it gets real annoyin.. they even talkd to the pastor already!!!!!! we have already talked to.him just haven't given him a date!!!!!! I feel that it shud b up to us as the parents to decide..this is sumthin ive been wanting to do since preggo but have been so busy n side tracked(wish I did it when she was lil but time FLEW)! now it makes me not wanna do it till they hush!!! but thats not fair to my bby.. its not bout us its about her... they always bribg it upp..aghhh. if we do it now they gunn think we jus doin it cuz they say so.. whatever!!!! grrrrr

what do u guys think??am I being selfish n wrong?

Comments

• Sounds like a christening? I did my daughters at 7 weeks. Pick a date by this weekend because its really easy to procrastinate and next thing you know months have passed. His parents probably have nothing to focus on at this time, but they mean well.
  • Can you tell them to back off? Getting a child blessed needs to obviously be done but not just cause grandparents want it. Doing it means you are making a promise to God that you will raise your child in Christ and lead him in learning about and growing their own relationship with the Lord. So it kind of needs to be when you're ready. Hubby and i need to do it with our son too, we just haven't had a chance yet cuz we've been moving. Just pray and ask God for guidance on the matter. :)
  • Why not go ahead and let them plan it for you.. pass ALL THE STRESS over to them.
  • Ya I agree with ^^ if they want to do it why not just let them? I understand how stressful life can be with a new baby...why not just let them take some of the stress?
  • thanks everyone.... I wanna do it.. theres nor much to plan...just setting a date then goin.to church.. my bf jus got a new job so I needa wait n see his schedule n if hes guna work sundays!
  • are we suppose to plan a dinnee for after or anything!??!
  • I had a dinner at a restaurant afterwards with some favors. Kept it simple.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @crisjoe thats wat I was thinking.. but everyone pay.for themselves... what u do for the favors?.u.make an invite??
  • I planned everything rather quickly. We got married 1-1-11 and I wanted the same date for her christening, 1-1-12. She wasis 7 weeks old. Had 6 days to put everything together so didn't do invitations. For favors I had dressed up candles encrusted with pearl- like coating placed on everyone's plate. Its something they can use and its similar to our wedding favors, but you can get some picture frames or something at the dollar store.
  • Soi guess its march 18th now... his parents were over n told my bf to text the pastor ..nd he did....n he said march 18th.. Then I came over n he said so march 18th it is..nd I was like huh? Nd he told me(his dad) I was like okayyyyy....?

So ya!
  • Tell them to piss off I am sick of interfering in laws!!!