help my husband aint happy anymore

edited March 2012 in Relationships
My husband told me he wasnt happy last nightand that we should get a divorce. I feel like it some what my fault because i hardly give him my attention. Thats because i work 5 days a week 930 to10. he works from 7 to 6. Six days a week. When im off im spending it with my 4month old. I dont know what to do i love him so much. We have been together since high school. What should i do??? Ive already have put my 2weeks in at my first job.

Comments

• Me and my fiance went thru this but opposite. He was working 80 hour weeks. It got to the point our daughter didn't even know him anymore. We would wait for him to get home bc we would make plans to do stuff on my days off and he wouldn't come home. It was ridiculous. I finally told him it was us or his job. It took time but he demoted himself and only worked 50hours. We had to make time for just him and me. Had a babysitter, even just to go get dinner. We have now been together almost ten years, this happened about 3 years ago. His prob was he thought money was the only way to be happy, but he had a little girl who he was missing everything she was doing and accomplishing. Not to say you see but sometimes you have to sit back and what really matters to you. Maybe take some time apart, stay with family for a few weeks...It may help.
  • My sister went through the same thing. It really hit her hard. She asked him to give it a chance, go to counceling, not to give up. It took a while but they worked it out. It has been about 12 years now and they have been quite happy. I agree with @sahra4177, some time apart might help.
  • I'm sorry to hear what your going through. It sounds like getting rid of one job was a good start. Being apart so much makes things stressful. Tell him you love him and you won't divorce him. Divorce is so hard and heartbreaking. Maybe you guys just need better communication and time together. Is he with the baby every night while you work. I know you both work but maybe he is stressed a lil.
  • My husband jus tex me the other day we the same bullshit ! After 5 years an 3 kids he sends me a tex message !!! I really Dk Wat to do either ima sahm I guess If that's Wat he wants he can have it
  • Ask him what makes him unhappy, also what you can do to fix it. Ask him if he is willing to seek therapy. I would try anything before I'd sign any divorce papers. When a relationship goes wrong its never just one persons fault, so please don't blame yourself. Try talking with him and find out exactly what went wrong and the 2 of you come up with a better solution than divorce. If you feel the conversation getting heated take a break from it and try it again after your calm. He is the one coming to you with a problem so prepare for a bash fest. Try not to get defensive and absolutely do not try to find bad things about him to make yourself feel better. I have been on both side of this and trust me that is the worst thing you can do. You and your family are in my prayers! Good luck!
  • Yea he takes care of our son until i get home. We spoke this morning after . i txtd him telling him it was f'd up on how he just left without saying anything to me. He called immediately. He explained to me that he was exhausted. That his back hurts. Also he feels like i act like he doesnt need sleep. tried to explain ive been tired for a whole year. He asked if their was anything else i said no because i dont want my family In my business. We live with my dad. He acts as if he never mention divorce. The only thing about therpy is him getting time off. His boss is complete selfish bastard.
    @second_time_mommy7
    @mrzjackson @happymommyof2 @granny2be @sehra4177
  • I no how u feel I really hope it works out well for both of us :(
  • I honestly believe that you guys should go to marriage counseling.. he probably just needs more time with you, you need to remember that just because you have a baby doesn't mean that you need to put him aside .. try making time for the both of you.. my husband works two jobs.. 6 days a week and it was hard at the beginning but now I know how to divide time in between my kids, my husband and my self. You need to balance the time and not just focus on the baby since that hurts a lot of relationships.
  • An I don't get how they can jus come an say o I'm not happy were gettn a divorce there not the only ones in this marriage they don't get to decide by themselves Wats gonna happen !!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lyman I'm sorry to hear that mommy why don't y'all go to marriage counsling

@Mrz_Jackson u have to be kissing me!!!!! That's mad crazy
  • @newmomma13 he works off for 28 days then home 14 days he sed he knew if he sed sumthn at home i wulda fought his ass!! Then says he wants stay jus wants to get out the house sumtimes by himself ! Sed nope go on but u ain't getn none of ur sh*t!! It is who tells sumbody on a tex message !