*update irregular periods

edited March 2012 in Pregnant
Soooo I posted a recent discussion that I was having irregular periods. and 2 days ago I took a home pregnancy test and there was the faintest positive line. Last night I went in to the emergency room due to cramping and spotting. They took a blood pregnancy test and my hcg level was at 13 and checked my cervix and said that it was closed. THe doctor on call said that It appears that I might be very very early in pregnancy and that it could in implantation bleeding. Since I have been having irregular periods for 2 months I have know idea when I was ovulating. I had some spotting with my son, and its not enough to fill a pad. and its a brownish color. Has anyone expedrienced this. and I am continuing to see a positive pregnancy test with the line getting darker.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate is there a difference in bleeding between normal cramping and spotting and having a misscarriage
  • Urine pregnancy tests can't really pick up an hcg level of 13. What kind of test did you buy? That's so strange! Are they sure you didn't have an extremely early miscarriage? Are they having you follow up in 1-2 days for a repeat in bloodwork? Watching the lines on an HPT isn't an accurate way to see if your r levels are rising.

Let us know what happens! Good luck and sticky baby dust to you!
  • @captivated I bought the Answer pregnancy test and I was wondering that my self how come the test can be positive but the blood work showing that i had a level of 13. The doctor beleives that its just very early in pregnancy since the levels are low and he also said that if i was having a misscarriage my cervix would be open or dialated. and I do have to go back for follow up blood work. thanks for the sticky dust :)
  • I had an early miscarriage and my cervix was never open. I hope you see an awesome increase in your bloodwork!
  • @capitvated I just wish I knew what was truly going on. Its nerve racking to not know if i am miscarrying or if its just spotting. did u bleed really heavy when you miscarried
  • No, I spotted brown for a few days, turned to light pink and some red. That was it! I've had more than one m/c though.

I just had surgery for an ectopic pregnancy a few weeks ago. I had extremely low hcg levels that weren't doubling as they should, just rising sloowwlly. Brown spotting, then pink. It would stop for a day then start again. Had some slight cramping. It was very rough for me.

As soon as you get your bloodwork again, you will get some answers. I know how much torture it is. Try not to worry or stress at this point. There is nothing you can do regardless of what is happening! Just think positive. There are tons of women that bleed throughout pregnancy :) This may be one of those.