why does he do this?!

The other day my daughter came to my room and said she had an accident (she is 8 and has not wet the bed since potty trained when she was 2) but somehow she was so tired she had an accident. So me being up at 230am and just starting to fall back asleep of course I got frustrated. So I get up, at this point its about 445am, I clean her bed get her in the shower and plan on laying on the couch for an hour before I gotta get up for work. Of course I'm trying to be quiet so we don't wake up little man. Well, as I'm going to settle on the couch, who gets up but my two year old...so now I'm exhausted and frustrated. I was so exhausted bc every night for the past 3 weeks I can't sleep past 230 am.
Anyway, I know my daughter can tell I was frustrated and I've been so anxious lately and I just got upset, crying...and my son wasn't listening. So needless to say it was a mess...horrible morning.
So then after all this my fiance decides to get up...he takes my daughter to school I go to work. This happened Thu. So Fri night he says that my daughter asked him why I was screaming and yelling at her the other day. I said I was frustrated but never yelled. He told me she asked him why I was mad...all I did was cry.
So today I asked my daughter why she thought I was yelling and she said she never told him that...I'm not sure why he said she asked him that. I haven't confronted him yet but he does that alot. Not sure if he wants to feel like the better parent or what. He grew up with no mom or dad, he was in and out of foster care all his life and it does seem that he does sometimes get jealous of the relationship that me and the kids have. I mean my childhood wasn't great but I make the best of what I have and try to be as close as I can with the kids. Its like he wants them to love him more but doesn't want to take the time with them. Don't get me wrong he loves them and does take care of them. But like for example he will tell my daughter he will take them to the park (on s Sat cuz I work Sat) and I'll come home he is up sleeping bc tmy two year old is napping and my daughter is downstairs by herself playing. Its like take that time and play a game with her or something. I mean he sleeps so much he works 3to 11 buy come on I usually get about 5 hours a night if that and I'm pregnant...I'm the one who is up at 530 with them. I do lay down sometimes when my son goes in for a nap bc I'm pregnant and tired but I also take time with my daughter we do things together. I don't know I just needed to get this out. I just don't know what to do bc its been like this for awhile and like I said he is a good father and loves them but fathering isn't just watching them and discipline. Its being involved in their lives more than that playing with them etc. Sorry so long!

Comments