OPK question....

edited March 2012 in Getting pregnant
This is my first time trying to use ovulation predictors... The instructions don't say anything about morning pee... Does it matter? Is it preferred???

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @armahnismommy test twice a day??

Let's see how this goes!!! I should be ovulating sometime in bw the 6th and 11th according to calendars.
  • The ones I bought just say to test the same time each day, but doing what @ArmahnisMommy said makes more.sense if you research them online because it's possible to ovulate and miss it if you only test once every 24 hours. This month will be my first time trying them too, but after the super long cycle last month, I'm not messing around anymore. Lol Oh! And OPKs are different from pregnancy tests. A line doesn't mean positive unless it is darker than the control line. Research it some more so you don't miss your chance. :)
  • Yeah I read about the lines... And twice a day it is then!!! I didn't know it would still miss it testing once a day. @rtmommy @armahnismommy
  • @armahnismommy @rtmommy Okay... so I've been testing the last 4 days... And I've got a question. According to the clomid calculator I'm supposed to be ovulating between the 6th and 11th and to start testing the 4th just in case. So two days ago the tests had 2 dark lines... the second line wasnt near as dark as the test line though so I assumed it wasn't a positive... but then this last 2 days, the tests have barely showed a second line at all... SO my question is... do you think I ovulated 2 days ago and the test just didn't quite show me correctly??? I'm so confused...
  • It kind of sounds like you may have o'd already. What CD was it? I haven't gotten to the point in my cycle where I will start testing yet, so I don't have any experience to share besides what I read. It did say that the test line should be darker than the control, so maybe that was the lighter line?
  • @rtmommy 14 days from the start of my period! It doesnt make any sense... Thats to soon right? I get so confused... The control lines have always been dark... the test line that day was a solid line, but no where near dark enough to match the control line.. but today when I tested the test line is BARELY there. So I'm thinking maybe I missed it and thats why the line isnt there now... ?? It's passed? I've gotta go in on the 13 for the 21 CD progesterone test to see if I did ovulate or not... And day 28 is the 20th where I should be able to take a HPT... UGH!
  • @RedShadoe0 you put a pic up! It sidetracked me for a sec. Haha okay, so it sounds like you're on CD14 then. That's usually when ovulation rolls around for a 28 day cycle, but the website I read up on it on said to start testing for ovulation on CD11 because it can occur earlier or later than it is supposed to. Hopefully you guys have just been BDing like crazy. Also, it said that once you get a positive OPK, you *should* be ovulating within 24-48 hours, so that part is confusing. Just have lots of sex today and see what happens. :)
  • Lol yeah I finally figured out how to put a pic up. As soon as hubby gets home he's getting attacked!!! I've never had a 28 day.cycle so I guess I.didn't think it would be this quick... Lol. My cycles are typically 35+ days IF they show up... @rtmommy damn PCOS. Ugh I really hope i.didn't miss the ovulation...
  • if there is any second like then that would mean ovulated I would think! I did ovulation pks but never once got a positive I did clear blue. But I tested to early I ovulated the week after I tested
  • @babyluv8 so you think I missed it?? I think we had sex that day but I can't remember... Ugh!!! It was 2 days ago...
  • You should download an app to track this kind of stuff. It's super helpful. I have WomanLog, and it lets me save when we have sex and everything so I don't have to remember it all...because I have no short-term memory. ;)
  • I use the my days app. I definately don't trust the times it said I was ovulating tho. but it's nice to track af, sex, bbt if you do that and just notes. I'm thinking you missed it but you should really write down when your having sex for sure!
  • @rtmommy @babyluv8 ok! I totally didn't even consider an app for that lmao
  • @armahnismommy I'm gonna check the apps out see which one I like better. Sigh... I hope i caught the ovulation... We had sex Sunday and Monday I'm pretty sure... So if i.did ovulate I guess I shoulda caught it...
  • @armahnismommy you're not crazy, I just did it today Haha. I didn't consider the test a positive bc the test line wasn't as dark as the control... I think ill keep testing this week just to see... Can't hurt I guess. One of these days it should come up with 2 dark lines Damnit! Haha
  • @mommy2ari a pic of the ovulation test when you were preggo?? Ugh, I thought a week after the period was to soon! Lesson learned I.guess...
  • Use ovuview as an app. I have used all the others and this is by far the best. It has a ttc mode and tracks everything you can think of. Just go to the symptoms and click add/remove and opk tests will come up. It also gives tips .
  • Thanks @wantingababy @mommy2ari that's what my opk is.lookin like pretty much. Hmmmm maybe ill take a preggo test this weekend...
  • @mommy2ari how long apart did you take those tests?
  • @mommy2ari its to early to test I think... CD 1 was the 22nd of Feb... Today is only CD ...14? 15? I can't test till the 20th I think...
  • @armahnismommy that's awesome!!! I don't have normal cycles though... They're friggin random so.its super duper hard for me to figure anything out. I think ill test tomorrow though just to see... Worth a shot right!!!