Breastfeeding mommas:

edited March 2012 in Breastfeeding
If you pump and bottle feed, did you ever change to faster flow nipples as they got older? My son is 8 months old and I still use 1 and 2 nipples. My theory is that my nipples haven't changed?
But now I'm not so sure....

Comments

• Yes i have, I'm using 2 and 3 flow nips and she's 6 months old....i think its making her eat faster from the breast too brcause she empties.me a lot faster now!
  • Interesting. Thanks for your input >:D<
  • My baby is 5months and I still use slow flow nipples just so that shes still working hard for it like she does with my boob and wont get too use to the bottle cause the boob is more convenient
  • I've never switched from level 1/slow flow with either of my babies. They were both breast/bottle fed
  • I switched to level 2 medium flow when my son was 3 mos. He does fine switching between boob/bottle
  • Thanks for the different opinions. I couldn't find a definitive answer online. But it looks like either might work. Guess i'll just stick with his slow flow nipples. He seems okay with them.
  • We did because it was taking her forever to eat...it was taking her close to an hour to eat a 4 to 5oz bottle compared to when she nursed which took her like 15 to 20 minutes with both boobs.