What should I expect with a miscarriage?*small update*UPDATE*

edited March 2012 in Loss
I found out i was pregnant 5 days ago then the day after I started to bleed. and early miscarriage is the most likely culprit. What should I expect? I am still bleeding and the cramping is lessened. I dont bleed heavy enough to go through a pad, and the cramps are not extremely painful.

*Update in the comments "

Comments

• I bled when I was twelve weeks pregnant, had no cramping but everything turned out to be normal. I now have a healthy seven month old so stay positive, goodluck.
  • Call your doc if your bleeding. It could be implantion bleeding as well. I cramped as well as had bleeding too. I miscarried later on in the pregnancy about 16 weeks or so. But still had all the bleeding and cramps at the beginning. Go have your levels checked if you can.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Menstrual like bleeding, cramps may be bad for a day, and I would take it easy. I've miscarried, and I had period like cramps, but more painful, heavy bleeding, I passed everything at home, and I was sad. I took a couple of days to recoup and relax. I'm sorry for your loss, and I really hope that it's not a MC but something else... I'm hoping for a healthy pregnancy. Go to the doc and have him check you out for sure, and keep us updated.
  • I'm sorry I hope 4 the best, u should really see the doc the need to check ur hcg levels. If they increase u should still b pregnant if they get lower then u might have already miscarried... regardless u need 2 get some rest... although the miscarriage might have passed I know the emotional hurt will b there so just take it easy, here at preggly we r here 4 u
  • @babyjoshiesmom I had my level checked twice already and they were increasing, but I am still bleeding which leads me to think that I am miscarrying, I hope that im not though.

@momofsoontobe7 yeah, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, hopefulling he can tell me what is actually going on.

@armanhnismommy im worried that i have to get one, was the D&C painful?

@lilsugarsmomma when you were bleeding was it just like a period and how long did it last?

@beba4love well i found out that i was pregnant soo early by my hcg level only a few days to a week, so i really didnt have time to really get excited about being pregnant again, I have had 3 children in 3 years and this is my first miscarriage i think that its just my body telling me that i need to slow down on having another baby. my lmp was in january so by that date i should be 6 weeks along but since i have been having irregualr periods i dont know what i ovulated.

@ladies thanks ladies for the info and ur support :)

• @bexiewexie the levels were really low the first day it was a 13 the less than 20 hours later it was a 26. no they didnt check my tubes
  • 30%.of women bleed and it's normal
  • Btw d&c basically after words feels like your having a period. I had mine a year ago the 10th of this month. It didn't hurt to bad but I don't think you would have to have one seeing how early you are. I could be wrong buty doc wouldn't do one unless you were 10 weeks or farther. It's scary to think about but it wasnt to bad it was more of an emotional toll then anything for me. And good luck keep us posted tomorrow!!
  • *Small Update*
    Went to the doctors earlier today they took my beta hcgs again and put me on complete bedrest. I find out tomorrow what my levels are at and if there is a chance for a normal pregnancy.
  • Good you got a checkup hope all is well. But I think if you were to have a miscarriage you would deffinitely know and it would be more severe then just a little bleeding and some cramps..
  • @aishamusa thanks, i would think so but i guess miscarriages are different for everyone, they still havent ruled out ectopic pregnancy.

@armahnismommy & Mama_Kat thanks you, I can only hope but i am not getting my hopes too high
  • I bleed for the first two months of pregnancy. Granted I didn't know I was pregnant and thought my period was being funky. But hey you never know a lot of women bleed during pregnancy. I hope you have good news %%-
  • Hope it all turns out well sure u will continue praying for you. Please update if u get a chance.,
  • @armahnismommy
    @kayleigh 27
    @jules
    I know I just want to have piece of mind, being in this limbo sucks. I hope that everything is fine too.... thanks ladies
  • They haven't checked for ectopic because they won't be able to see anything with such low levels. I hope everything goes okay hon :(
  • edited March 2012
    my levels went from a 24 to 136 .... soo so far im still pregnant and the bleeding and cramping have decreased significantly.....
    @mama_kat
  • Awesome news congrats !!
  • Great just rest please it will all be ok
  • @ladies thanks you guys