Can I give my son

edited March 2012 in Ages & Stages
Those gerber yogurt melts or veggie sticks they say for crawlers. Cartier is on stage 2 foods sitting and crawling. He is interested in foods he can hold and suck on

Comments

• I give Corri the yogurt melts. She does great with them. She's 8 months, crawling, sitting, and standing. The package says crawlers, I believe.
  • edited March 2012
    Yes! My daughter loves those freeze dried yogurts! and yes to the sticks but start by breaking them in half, they can be pretty long. also keep in mind, the sticks do require a lot of gumming (there not as easy to dissolve compared to the star puffs and yogurt)
  • My lo is almost 6 months old and we use the baby mum mums. They disolve very quickly and they can hold them. They are great!
  • I think that would be fine since he's on stage 2 foods, dont see the big difference between yogert melts, finger food and regular baby food. As long as baby can chew and can hold himself up, even more if he's taking food by himself and feeding himself.
  • Thanks everyone
  • My daughter always choked on them she did much better with the gerber puffs the little star looking things
  • @wyattsmommy they r suppose to melt I'm going to try it and closely monitor him
  • My son love's the yogurt melts, but I give him the Organic HappyMelts.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My daughter always choked on the wagon wheels but she loved the yogurt melts, baby cheetos, cheerios and stars. I started her on those before crawling lol
  • 8 months
  • My LO isnt really crawling yet, he rocks back an forth like a real fast worm but he sits up. I started him on the star puff things and hed kinda gag for a second because he was trying to swallow it like his baby food but now a week later hes a pro. I wanna try the melt things, maybe i'll pick um up at the store later today.
  • I gave my son those at 4 months and he loved them but he had 4 teeth then I also give him these things called baby mum-mum they r like a rice cereal rusk and they r organic and he loves them too
  • Thanks I tried the veggie chips he loved them but choked on the melts