going bavkwards? long...but help

edited March 2012 in Potty Training
My son is a mega mamas bout for starters. He will be three the end of may. He started potty training about 2 months before he turned 2 and was fully trained but about 28 months. I wasn't even planning on training till 2.5 years but he was clothed and I think that he just didn't like being wet. In the year he been potty train he maybe has had 5 accidents. I started putting him in night pull ups when he was first starting but he didn't need them. Hes accidents only happen when he sleeps longer than 10 hours a night. Well on the last 3 weeks he has had two accidents at night and two during the day. The one's during the day he just didn't want to leave my side till the lase min and was in the bathroom when the accident happen. He didn't tell me he had to go and didn't act like it. I don't punish him or get mad. We talk about it and everything is a big boy super hero related. Any way. I am worried that he is going backwards cause I am getting closer to my due date. I don't want to put him in pull ups at night cause I don't want to make it ok to do, I have wet sheets to protect yhr mattress. Any tips? My oldest wasn't potty trained till after my second wad born so I have been thou this and don't want to be harsh and make him feel pushed aside. Sorry its so long.

Comments

• My little man is 2.5 and only about a month ago started training so im probably not much help. But reassurance that accidents are okay may help but reassure at a different time to the incident. When he does have the accident give as little attention to it as possible, get him cleaned up and dont talk about it till a while later. My step daughter got really bad at one point, she would wet so daddy had to pay her attention and clean her up. Goodluck
  • Maybe ask him periodically if he needs to potty & say Mommy will go with you if u think its that he don't want to leave u. At night I cut liquids at least 2hrs before bed time & always made my son go before bed. Give him positive attention for making it without any accidents, maybe a small reward like a sticker on calander for each day he has no accidents. Good luck I know it can be a challenge
  • A friend of mine does temp tats for good potty days.
  • Remind him every 30 minutes if he needs to use the potty. It worked with my three year old nephew. He started going backwards too after being fully potty trained. He would get mad everytime we asked him to go potty but we reminded him of his lil "accidents" and he would start walking to the restroom saying, ok ok Im going :)
  • I would just continue reminding him, he just sounds like he had a few accidents, and they happen. I would NOT put him in pull ups, I think my 3 year old would have been fully trained a lot sooner if we would have just skipped them all together.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tinka1326 I like the idea of not sayin much about it while were cleaning him but bring it up later.
    @momma_Erica n @lourdes26us2n @my2boys I am going to start reminding him more. Hopefully I can find n exciting way so it doesn't get annoying. Lol.
    @Heather3rdgirl I love the temp tattoo idea. Wonder if dollar store has them.
    @armahnismommy I wish I could help. My boys just didn't wet the bed. I don't let him have fluids after 6 unless we have a late dinner. If they are REALLY thirsty they get sips.