possibilities

edited March 2012 in Getting pregnant
Okay I just wondered if anyone knew the statics or possibility that you can get pregnant on birth control. Its for a friend..not me obviously lol but any input would be appreciated. Thanks ladies.

Comments

• *statistics
  • I got pregnant while on the pill, but I had been sick and on antibiotics so I don't know if I count.
  • She's been on it for a while but she's freaked out cause he didn't pull out or anything. He just did his business. And I know ppl still get pregnant even while taking their pill right.
  • I got pregnant with an Iud in.
  • I got pregnant the first time on the pill
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I never thought about the iud. I've heard of ppl getting pregnant on it too. @heather3rdgirl it sucks for her tho cause this just happened and she still has 2 weeks till her period.
  • If it just happen she can get the morning after pill... If it JUST happen.
  • It happened last saturday so i think she's past that @mommyof3girls
  • The majority of the time it's because someone on the pill either doesn't take it every day at the same time like your told to. or being on antibiotics which counteract with the control. Or like a friend of mine, another friend have her, her birth control she no longer wanted while ttc and they thought it was the same kind. Turns out it wasn't and she got pregnant because it takes about a month for the drug to actually work.
  • Okay so today she said she had some bleeding...almost like her period was trying to start but she's in the middle of her pills. Sounds like it might be implantation bleeding cause she's been on her pills for 2 years and she hasn't missed any days. And she's missed up to two days before without bleeding. @babyluv8 @armahnismommy
  • With perfect usage, it is 99% effective.

Typical user use is 92% effective.
  • Oh and I forgot she said she had some cramping the night before the bleeding. Any input? Idk what to tell her cause I was unaware of my pregnancies. Im not someone who is that in sync with my body I suppose
  • it depends on if they take it on time and which pill they're on.
  • My friend got prego on the pill and she took it like she was suppose to. I always say if its really meant to be it will happen no matter what!
  • @britt21 so true, you can try to prevent it everyway possible but if its your time nothing will stop it.
  • @britt21 @heather3rdgirl yeah well it was kinda a one time thing while her and her boyfriend were split up and now she's praying she's not pregnant. But she's due for af on Thursday so she's gonna test then I guess.
  • Oh trust me I know what you mean. I never said it happens when you are ready. :(
  • Oh no, I understand..I think we've all been in that position where its not the right time and you hope you're not. I agree with @heather3rdgirl it comes whether its a good or bad situation.
  • Wishing your friend the best of luck :)