sippy cup question

edited March 2012 in First time moms
What age did ustart ur baby?? Which ones &&.how did they do!!?? Igot.my bby the.stage 2 one(no handles) .since she holds her bottle...but the milk comes.out wayyyyyy too fast!!.isshe not ready??

Comments

• Awwww....
  • Jace is 7 months, I started him last month on his sippy.. I got him a soft nippled sippy cup that is spill proof.. I have one with handles and one without and he does better with the one with handles, he will hold his own bottle.. I only put diluted juice in it, I never put formula in it.. My goal is to have him completely off the bottle by 10 months old.
  • edited March 2012
    I introduced a foogo sippy cup at 7 months and she picked it up right away. I only put water in it. It has handles and is soft tipped and spoil proof. I would really recommend this brand.
  • Whatever you do, don't buy the Munchkin brand spill proof sippy cup. It's like so spill proof that the liquid never comes out, EVER! lol I couldn't even get anything out of it so I know my baby couldn't LOL!
  • I started my first in nuk at 5-6 months. He did great! I plan to do the same with Jack if he starts holding his bottle
  • Hers is nuby ! Hmm mayb ill try agaim!
  • I have the nuby with soft tip and handles, my son starteddrinking from it at four months. Hes five months now and I only give water or diluted juice from it but he loves it, and can hold it himself!
  • edited March 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I started a week ago, my son is four months! I got a tommee tippee free flow or something like that. You should try and start them with a cup which isn't a non spill, these can be hard to suck through for a little one. The one I have the water just dribbles out slowly, and I can push the spout down so it doesn't top out in my bag! Just giving him cooled boiled water in it at mo, he doesn't take a lol but wanted to start getting him used to it!
  • When!!! Lol I think that's wat my daughters doin.. She doesn't like the nip.on the sippy. Lol
  • @littlenat86 she's def gettn milk out. She jus isn't swollowin it. I jus tried once but imma try again! Thanks!
  • Maybe try diluted juice? I keep reading to only do juice and water in the sippy and only milk in the bottle, i'm not sure why :/
  • I started mine at 6 mons my pedi told me to start him on one but I got the one with handles and hes getting use to it now
  • edited April 2012
    My 8 month old won't drink from a sippy cup.. just like her brother she only takes the breast, drinks from a water bottle or a cup with a straw. We started her about 6 months too
  • dillon doesn't hold his bottle, and he also doesn't hold his sippy. i have a tomee tippy one and an avent one, both have handles. i only give him water and juice in his sippy (i give him pear juice every day to help keep his poo soft). from what i've read, juice in sippy bc apparently it doesn't sit as much on their gums/teeth as if it would given from a bottle. this will help prevent tooth decay @kimberly4411
  • My daughter, 11 months, was given one at about 6 months. She didn't take it at first, but we've finally gotten her adjusted to one, which will be nice because it's weaning time! I've tried several different brands, but she has really liked the NUK ones. I found some really cute Hello Kitty ones, and she's totally digging them, hooray!
  • Baby John is 6.5 months & I started him at 5.5 months. I started with Dr.Brown's sippy cup & they're great! I went to babies r us & asked which one they recommend & they said Tommy Tippy, so I bought one & they are GREAT. Perfect flow :D