Phentermine= no sleep. Help.

edited March 2012 in Sleep
I started taking phentermine and I knew difficulty sleeping was a side effect....I didn't realize that meant awake all night. I already took unisom, any ideas or tips from people who have used this before to promote at least some sleep? Does anyone know if once your body gets used to it if the lack of sleep goes away? I can only go so many days without sleep LOL

Comments

• What time are you taking it?
  • I take it at 6am
  • I always have difficulty sleeping if ive had a break taking them but its usually ok after a few days.
  • My mom had to take it at 6am and take a relaxing bath at 8 to calm her and then she would lay and read in dim lighting untill she felt tired. I would just try doing some things to help you wind down a couple hours before you need to be asleep. Good luck I hope it gets better for you.
  • Anyone else have experience? I know I've seen people talk about it here before (that's how I found out about it). Just hoping my body adjusts quickly!
  • I would have to take a half of tylenol pm to come down off, when i took it
  • It does the exact opposite to me, makes me soooooo sleepy. Not sure if it has to fo with my hypothyroidism and the meds I'm taking for it though.
  • Only take half a pill if u got the tablets.... i personally take them at 10am and am fine by 9. But the first 2 days i couldnt sleep after that i was fine
  • OK, today is only day two. I don't have tablets, I was gonna break them in half to start with just to see how my body reacts to them but they aren't the kind you can break sadly.
  • I would continue it for a few more days and if you are still having difficulty sleeping, I would consider trying something else :(
  • Send it to me!!!!! lol :-D
  • I would get a good night sleep every two or three nights. I took it at six am and had problems sleeping but yet I was so exhausted feeling. It was odd, I stopped taking them after a month bc I had really bad chest pains one night and freaked out and said it was not worth it to me.
  • What dose u on??
  • RMAO.... I remember these says!

Try and take the last dose as early as possible.... Then also work out as close to.bed time as possible. Don't take tylenol PMs because the "PM" slows down your metabolism.... And you don't want to do that. The higher your metabolism stays the more pounds you drop. If you go up and down on your metabolism it can cause cronic hypertension.
  • I take one at 6am and at first had xsnax small dose to sleep now I'm use to it.
  • Avoid any type of exercise within three hours of bed time. It stimulates your muscles, heart and brain which actually makes it harder to fall asleep. The best time to exercise is afternoon and early evening because exercising raises your body temperature and as it falls back to normal levels before bedtime, it causes you to get a better night's rest. I used to think exercising before bed would make me sleep better too!

Melatonin is a great sleep aid! Have you tried it?
  • That happened to me for 2 weeks straight. I took them really early too. I also felt light headed and not myself. So i quit taking them all together. However it did supress my appetite.