first time parent diaper changing question?

edited March 2012 in Parenting
I feel awkward asking this but my fiance and I have never changed a baby girls diaper, only boys. We are having a girl and what I wanted to know is that when they go poop or if the have diahrea and it goes everywhere, is there a chance it can go into her "girl parts" and if so what is the best way to clean it out. Sorry if its a weird question but im just a little concerned about that happening and not knowing what to do.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh ok thank you, I was worried it might get inside and then I wouldn't know how to get it out. Thanks for your help :)
  • Lol. Luckily i had practice from my 2 nieces
  • Just make sure you wipe all her creases until they're clean. Like mama_kat said you don't have to go "in" there, just in the folds. If you use wipes make sure they're unscented.
  • Yepp we get the unscented nonacholoic ones. The nurse showed us how on her first diaper change. But now when she poops I just make sure every crease and crevice is clean.
  • Always wipe front to back with little girls. But just like when you do it, there is no need to go inside. You'll easily be able to tell if she is clean or not