I need tips! 4mo old not sleeping through the night...

edited March 2012 in Sleep
First off I'd like to say that I know that EVERY baby is different and I understand that just because somebody elses 4mo old is sleeping throught the night does not mean mine should be as well.

BUT I just want some tips if you guys can share that might help him wake up a little less! He used to sleep more when he was younger and now wakes up about 3x a night! @-) I have read about the 4mo sleep regression yes.

We put him to bed between 9 and 10pm with 4-6oz of formula. He then wakes up at either 12 or 1am then again around 4am and alot of the times for another feeding somewhere in between or after.

I will appreciate ANY tips... ^:)^

Comments

• have you tried just cuddling with him and giving him a binki? i know sometimes I can get my son to go back to sleep with that...not always tho!
    my son goes to sleep at nine almost on the dot and I try to keep him away from 630 on so he's nice and tired. he was sleeping until 7-8 am but recently he's been waking back up for his 4-5 am feeding. I totally understand wanting to get some sleep!!
    I read an article about night time routines..so that the baby knows it's time to sleep for a longer period of time and I feel that it really works! we always feed him solids around 730-8 and then at eight I take him into his room and change is diaper and put on his nighttime sleepers. then I give him a bottle w the lights out and rock him. by the time the bottle is gone he is out! he sleeps In his own crib in his room which I thinks helps a lot w him sleeping solid. I use a noise maker also and I think when I turn it on it's another clue it's time to sleep for a long time.

I never did this but I heard some people give less milk durning the night time feedings or watering down the milk. I personally have never done that so I can't give my opinion on that.

hope u start getting some much needed rest!
  • @crystaldawn0830 thanks for the tips! He is really good about going to sleep at the same time each night and when he wakes up he just eats and is out within minutes so its like he does know the difference between day and night time. Watering it down? I heard of it before, maybe I should ask his pedi...i just want atleast,6hrs of straight sleep, its all I ask! Lol...thanks for the tips!
  • yea I'm not so sure about it..but I hear it works for some. I'm sure your doing everything right and it will just happen when u least expect it. I also read that sleeping thru the night has nothing to do w a full belly. their central nervous system has to be fully developed before that can happen. so it kinda debunks the cereal in the bottle theory at night! but I also know some people swear by that. I tried it out of desperation but it just made him miserable so I stopped. we also tried cereal again weeks later for one of his first foods and once again misery!! so I'm not of fan of cereals!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I know what u mean girl, this past week was my first week back at work and I'm beyond exhausted. Its very hard working ft and waking up 2-3 times at night. If u find anything that works for u let me know:)
  • My 4 month old has been waking up a lot more than usual too. We've had a night time routine since he was born but lately he's up 3-4 times. I don't feed him everytime tho. Usually if I just give him his paci and cover him back up, he goes back to sleep. Hopefully this will pass soon!!
  • I can't give any tips, cause my daughter started sleeping threw the night when she was 2 months old and did it all on her own. She is now 4 months. Hope you get some sleep soon.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.