smoking and pregnant

I am 10 weeks and I have been trying to quit but it seems like the harder I try the more I smoke any ideas on how u other preglys did it?

Comments

• Bump...good luck girl
  • I didn't. I got down to two a day. Good luck!
  • I had horrible morning sickness which helped me. Good luck i smoked for the first month. I also smoked pot a couple times. Helped with morning sickness
  • I stopped with my first, eight years ago...I smoked and it made me nauseous. So, I stopped and haven't smoked since. Its def hard tho.
  • When you figure out a good trick let me know Haha. I'm worried about that too... I tried quitting last time but adding that to the raging b**** hormones combo.... It wasn't worth my marriage Haha.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I quit around 9 weeks with both of my kids. Honestly I tried everything I could think of with no luck so I quit cold turkey with both. It was so hard and I literally slept for 3 days straight after you get past day 3 it doesn't really bother you as much I just avoided people that smoked for a couple weeks after I quit but from my experience cold turkey and sleeping through the cravings worked best for me! Good luck!
  • The best thing that helped me is to stop being around it, if I don't smell it, its a lot easier to resist. Imo
  • 8 yrs ago when i found out i was preg w our first i stopped cold turkey that very day. i couldnt imagine possibly harming my child in any way. Dont anyone take that the wrong way. My sister smoked w all her kids and kids have no problems. I just personally never would. Its hard. Heck 8 years later and i STILL want one every once in a while... I dont tho. I think if i had just one i would start up again. For sure a hard habbit to break from. Good luck to all trying to quit. Do it for ur self and ur baby. ;)
  • Trying to quit . Im down to a pack a week
  • @hsweetie21 that's awesome!!! I'm struggling with keeping it to half pack a day... Lol
  • Does your state have a 800# to call for smoking help? Florida has a 800# to call, and they send you info and ways to quit so it's not stressful for you or baby.
  • A friend of mine quit cold turkey with both pregnancies but start right up after birth. Another friend smoked her whole pregnancy up until the drive to the hospital then she quit. The point of that I have no idea!? But a coworker of mine had troubles quitting also she gradually quit I think she completely stopped by 12w but started back up as soon as baby was born. But I wish I had good advice but I've never been a smoker!
  • I tried to quit with both pregnancies. I cut back ALOT but never fully quit. Both of my babies were full term & a healthy weight. I hope you are able to quit. It is definitely better for baby but I wasnt able to. Good luck hun
  • I quit cold turkey my whole pregnancy after smoking 1/2 a pack a day for 10 years. Now I'll only smoke if we go out. And its usually only a few. Oh and we only go out once every few months lol. My bf quit while I was pregnant but started back up again :/
  • I quit the day I found out I was pregnant. It was hard but I couldn't let my baby suffer for my selfish habit. Good luck to you :). It's really hard to quit but just think of the health of your baby
  • I quit with my first son but now it seems harder than ever to quit
  • I don't smoke and never did but I work at a gas station. Anyways I have heard ladies on here talk about an app that helped them..it kept track of how much money they saved. I know here a pack of marlboros is $5.66 after tax. So think about all the money you will be saving and in turn can buy cute little clothes for baby.
  • The app is called QuitNow! It help me a lot. I quit last year. I was smoking a pack a day up until then. Plan on a day or two on the couch sleeping and crying after that its all down hill. Good luck!!
  • BTW I have saved $2,505 B-)
  • @ wantingababy in how long?
  • I have never smoked in the house @GirlsLoveInk87 and it doesn't help tht my husband wont help me quit bc he is always smoking around me so it makes it 100 times harder
  • @wantingababy I have tried tht app but im always like so what I can start it over, I feel like a loser bc I cnt even do this for my baby which is the most important thing to me
  • edited March 2012
    My bf smokes too, we smoked in the house. I made him go outside to smoke and wash his hands when he came in.