Has anyone skipped.....?

edited March 2012 in Babies "First's"
Giving their baby cereal n started them with stage one baby food? If so, what did u start ur lo on...fruits or vegetables? N how often did u feed ur lo when u started giving them food?

Comments

• I tried cereal once & she hates It so i never gave It to her again. she's eating sweet potatoe & banana Baby Food now. She gets Baby Food about 4 times a week. Nyla started at four months :)
  • My lo just turned 4 months on the 10th n I gave her sweet carrots for the first time. Im a ftm so I wasn't sure how often she should get baby food in one day. @nylasmommy
  • I gave my lo veg and fruit for first foods but only 3-4 spoonfuls once a day for a month then I started to mix it up like carrots and potatoes together just increasing the amount a little every week
  • My son's pediatrician told me to give my son the green veggies first because if he likes that then he won't have a problem eating the sweet potatoes and fruits. I give my son cereal in the mornings SOMETIMES I'm pretty sure my cousin gives it to him at least once a day and baby food along with a bottle for lunch & dinner.
  • Keep in mind the saying 'foods before 1 are just for fun'. So they should be getting them after their BM or formula once a day. And always try each food for 3 days then add a new one to make sure there are no allergies. I skipped cereal and went straight to fruit. My LO is BF and breast milk is sweet so the fruit was a natural next step.
  • I did since it made him constipated. Now he eats a little bit of everything in stage 2 foods.