was gonna go to the park bc its so nice...

But poor little man woke up with 103.8 temp, called the Dr and they said to bring him in. I know my daughter will be upset bc no.park today:( hoping its just his teeth.

Comments

• Oh my! Hope he's ok!
  • edited March 2012
    Thx me too...I asked when I called if I should bring him in bc I know fevers they can't do too much for them. She asked me to hold and came back and said let's get him right away. So I'm guessing 103.8 is too high for teething. @Fate
  • That is very high. The only time I dealt with a high fever was when my daughter had pneumonia. I think it could still possibly be teething though? Are you taking him in right now?
  • I read that teething fevers arnt normally more than 101....when Ollie had a fever like that he had a virus. I hope your LO is ok! Keep us updated!
  • edited March 2012
    If I remember correct at 104 they can end up with brain damage, if not brought down right away. They say to call your doctor once it 102.
  • edited March 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Fate yeh he had one yesterday alot lower, today after his nap he felt really hot and wanted to take all his clothes off...took his temp it was 103.8. I called the Dr they told me to bring him in. We first picked up big sister, who was complaining of a sore throat. So when we got to the Dr I asked them to see her too...sure enough both have fevers and red throats. Also when I changed my sons diaper I noticed a rash...the Dr said there is bacterial infection going around. So now they both have antibiotics. That is why I never wait to go bc you never know what it could be.
    @Heather3rdgirl I would've called sooner but his fever seemed to spike after napping...so I called the Dr, they had appt at 4. I'd rather see our primary physician bc the ER is too busy...I hate making the kids sit there. We were in by 4 and done by 415...and my Dr also calls our scripts in so when you get to the pharmacy its all ready, just go to the drive thru and home by 5:) I am worried tho bc we were out awhile and got home usually I need to change his diaper, but he was bone dry...about a half hour ago he just started drinking so I'm hoping he stays hydrated.
    2 weekends ago I waited in our local urgi care its kinda like an ER and I was there like 4 hours...there is a really bad stomach bug going around in this area:(
    @ArmahnisMommy thx, Me too I hate when they are sick:(