Ultrasounds?

edited February 2011 in Third Trimester
I was told by friends that you should have an ultrasound at 32 weeks and that should be your last ultrasound. But my OB said my 21 week ulstrasoud was my last one and that's when I found out the sex. Does anyone else not get another ultrasound?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Get ultrasounds until u have your baby
  • Are you in the US? Here in the UK we only get two, one at between 8 to 12 weeks to date the pregnancy and one at 18 to 22 weeks which is the one to check all baby's features and is where they can usually tell the gender. We only get one earlier or later too if we're high risk or they are concerned about things such as miscarriage or slow growth later on. :-o
  • Yes that was my 21 week ultrasound =] but I am in the US.
  • I know its amazing, the ultrasound says 4D I have 4 other ones but there 2D and just as clear. Hope you get some there amazing.
  • I only had 2 with my son one around 11wks and another around 22wks. This time I've already had 2 one at 8wks and another at 13wks. She did the one at 8 wks bc I was sooo worried about where the baby was at (I had a previous ectopic preg) so she did it to ease my mind also I had my son he's 5 and he really wanted to see the baby :).. I'll have another ultrasound around 20wks where they will tell me the gender! That should be my last u/s
  • They gave me one at 8 weeks because they were scared he was in my tubes. I had one at 17 weeks also just to make sure he was alright then my 21 week to find out the gender. I wonder what all the fuss about the 32 week one is..
  • I've had a few done. One at 8 weeks, 13week, 16weeka, and I have one this week at 28 weeks.
  • I have had 6 i think so far i am 20wks and go for my gender u/s tuesday...i am highrisk tho and they may check me more after the gender scan bc i am small figured and tend to have big babies lol i couldnt imagvine only having 2 scans!! Id go crazy..there arre some places where you can go and pay just for ultrasounds
  • Your so lucky. Not the high risk part, wish you the best of luck. I would love to pay for more ultrasounds but money is so tight these days lol
  • It's closer to 36 weeks..and its to check the babies weight and fluid levels in prep for labor..don't think you will get any new pics..but that may depend on ur doc.
  • I'd love to have another ultrasound. At my 20 week one I didn't find out the gender since baby refused to open legs lol. Plus my partner couldn't be there since he was in hospital. :-( we were going to do a private one but thought we'll wait till baby is here and just enjoy rest of pregnancy. But now they might offer me another one since I am measuring small for dates, i'm not worried since my son was small but he is sat singing at the end of my bed now haha. Still would be nice since then my partner could see them again, I find out today if they will. :-) good luck to everyone though with all your appointments.
  • When I was pregnant with my first I only had 1 it was a super easy pregnancy no complications but this one I've had two and gotta go in for another later on and we've had some issues already. It could be cuz ur baby is doing so well that they don't need to have another done. It could also just be ur doc.
  • with my first child I had my last one around 30 something wks
  • Whwb i was living in the states for both my boys last ultra sound was 35 weeks im now in australia and you only get 2 last one bout 20 weeks
  • I've had 4 so far.. One at 12 weeks, one at 21 weeks (gender scan), one at 26 weeks (a fun scan for my husband the dr did it for free since he's in the military and couldn't make out to my 20 week scan), and I had another done at 31 weeks bc they were concerned about the amount of fluid. It doesn't matter how many you have but most insurances will only cover 2 ultrasounds per pregnancy so unless you want to pay out of pocket or you're high risk the 20 week scan is usually your last.
  • This is my 6th baby and for me unless there was problems I got my last ultrasound around 20 weeks.
  • With my 1st pregnancy and with this one I got one in the beginning, one around 19-20 weeks for gender, and the last one between 36-38 weeks to assess weight, position, and fluid levels. I just had my last one March 2nd, and good thing I did, he's a whopper!
  • I think it depends solely on your doctor. I had my monogram at 6weeks and 4 days and go back for my us on my 10th week.
  • Sonogram** LOL
  • I am on my third pregnancy and have only had 2 ultrasounds by my doc in each pregnancy one at 12 weeks and 1 at 19 weeks for each baby I paid to have extras done
  • Its usually just two. Sometimes they will give you a third if they have concerns or want to be sure the baby is head down. Or simple things. But usually just two.