Formula ?

edited March 2012 in Formula Feeding
Is it safe to give regular formula during the day and gentle formula just at night? My lo seems to only get gassy at night.

Comments

• Idk that I'd mix formulas. That might cause more GI issues. I'd do like Carrie said and just switch completely if it's helping him at night.
  • Yeah, most likely it's the formula that he's drank all day long and then it finally affects him at night. So even if you switch like that, one for day one for night...you will still most likely have the problem...I would just switch all together
  • Thanks yall. Now, I have like 12 cans of regular from wic. If I switch and have wic switch him, will all that I have just be for nothing it can they Exchange it?
  • A friend of mine ran into that problem and since she purchased them at Walmart, she just asked if she could get store credit to exchange them. That may be an option for you.
  • @Mijita thanks. I'll ask the grocery store next time I'm in there
  • @sands3 even if you didn't buy the formula at Walmart, you can still return it there for a store credit if they carry that particular kind of formula....that is as long as they didn't scribble out the barcode on the cans u bought. We did this with diapers that were the wrong size ordered from amazon.com and they took them for a store credit. :)
  • @meliz1187 ok great! No barcodes were scribbled thru
  • We have always been able to return diapers with no problems but not formula. We had to have a receipt and they took a lot of our info and had to check over the cans... they said it is more risky taking back formula and some places wont do it. We got to exchange it but they said if we wouldn't have had the receipt they wouldn't have taken it.
  • @My2Boys ok. I'll ask at the store and if they say no, Jack can just finish what he gas. He's actually doing really well tonight. Usually he's woken up at least once for his paci and he hasn't yet!