cost for children and babies to fly

Does anyone know? Also the process? I have seen kids with ids flying.

Comments

• I believe 2 and under are free bc they will be lap seats...meaning they sit on your lap for the duration of the flight. Older than that will depend on the airline.
  • I fly with my daughter all the time. she's under 2cover and free. the only hassle is getting the formula checked with tsa
  • Cal the airline.
  • Ya under 2 is free if they sit in your lap or regular ticket price if you get a seat for them
  • in australia its not free (anymore) for children under 2 but i think your better off calling the airline and finding out
  • Awesome thank you. Now does my 12 yr old need an id? do I need proof they are mine?
  • You don't need proof that they are yours but I'm not sure about the id
  • edited March 2012
    No you shouldn't need any id until they are legally capable of obtaining one, @16 (maybe even later)...I flew at 14 (by my self) and didn't need one, of course that was years ago but my son flew as an unaccompanied minor just last summer and he didn't need an id. He was 5. He flew with his 9 year old cousin. Neither needed an ID. Just their ticket, which they put into a necklace holder and wore around their neck.
  • I would double check with the airline about the ID thing. When my sisters flew a few years ago they had to have at least a birth certificate...don't want you to get to the airport and be up the creek with our a paddle!
  • Just check with the airline your planing to take to know for sure..
  • Check out the CARES system... its a life saver for older children!!