why am i gainging so much weight every since i had my son

edited March 2012 in First time moms
I usex to be a nice size before i had got prego every sonce i had my son whixh is npw almost 7months i have been gaining weight

Comments

• Are you eating more? Less active? Are you on new birth control?
  • Your metabolism slows way down after you have a baby. Are you eating more than usual? I found myself more hungry after I had my son, and started gaining weight.
  • @Starrxoxo9 and @Ericak22 no im eating the same and i am less active I'm starting the gym tomorrow tho and im currently not on b.c but i have an app soon
  • I do the same after all my kids. 1 to 2 yrs later it falls off. I thought I was the only one.
  • Are you breastfeeding... I seem to always want to eat, munch and snack when I breastfeed. My lactition nurse said its our bodies way of replenishing what we're putting out.

I seem to be taking in waaaaay more than I'm putting out tho. RMAO
  • I did the same damn thing! I was a size 5 when I had my son and lost almost all the preggo weight, then started gaining after a few months. >:( All of that "i'm so skinny cause I chase my kids all day" is crap! LOL
  • Don't feel bad I was a size 2 b4 my baby size 14 now smh n he 6 months LOL but I love it more hips n butt just got to lose this belly!
  • I did the same :( i have 30 pounds that i didnt have before my presious daughter
  • It's weird tho to lose it then gain a few months later. It's like our bodies freak out from sudden loss then go in starvation mode or something. U have 4 kids with first three after a few years it came off tho. Im in my 30s now so I am worried.
  • @mommy2b88 a lot of women f
    Develope thyroid issues after pregnancy and other hormone issues.. I would schedule an appointment with you OB or family dr. For some lab work
  • Same here girl :( it's sooooo hard cueing the weight off but I really do got to be more active
  • @mommy2b88 sometimes pregnancy can throw your thyroid off and that can cause weight gain. I think my doc said up to a yr it takes to regulate. But you can ask to get that checked out. It's just a blood draw.
  • I feel the same way. My son is going to be 6 months on the 21st, But i think that because im stil breastfeeding Im feeling more hungrier than ususal. Im still not down to my pre preg weight. :(
  • @mama_busy_bee I'm on your shoes. I've always gained weight after my babies then 1-2 years later is all comes off. Being older I'm a little worried about being able to lose it plus I'm getting married in Oct and at my largest :-<
  • Pregnancy has a way of messing with your hormones so much that after baby some women have major thyroid imbalances where no matter how much u eat or workout u still gain weight...i would talk to your doc!
  • edited April 2012
    My friend told me it takes 10 months to put the weight on to make the baby so its going to take like a yr to lose it..so I try not to worry, esp since I'm bf so I know she is getting enough along with my own body.
  • OMG girl me too. I cry because of all the weight I have gain in the past 2 months.. I was so thin and sexy after I had her.. now is all back:(
  • @janet_2011 i kno i weighted 140 whrn i got pregnant now im 180 9months later post pregnancy my son is 9 months on fri the 27th of April