Paci problems

edited March 2012 in Ages & Stages
My lo is almost 6 months, she wakes up 5 + times a night for her paci, she doesn't really wake up though, she cries and stirs (sp) and i have to put the paci in and pat her for a second and she goes back to sleep. She does this during nap times too. I am exhausted, i'm also trying to wean her from one of her night feedings (she drinks 6 oz at midnight, 6 oz at 2, and 6 oz at 5). We're going to try the ferber method in a week or two, it takes butt pats, swaying, and bouncing to get her to sleep.

Comments

• Is she eating enough during the day?
  • I think so @starrxoxo9 i started her on baby food but dont give it to her everyday, is that bad? Should i be giving it to her at the same time daily? She eats 6 oz about every 3 hours
  • Well the food isn't as important as the formula but it sounds like she's getting enough. How many naps does she take? If my baby doesn't sleep enough during the day she is very restless at night.
  • My son does that too. He spits out his bink and then cries for it but he doesn't really, fully wake up. It's very frustrating.
  • She naps about every 2 hours, i think she sleeps way too much
  • This is exactly the way my son was a few before turning six months old. He hasn't done it in the past weeks as much so I assume its a stage baby must mature through.
  • I dont have much advice for this, but wanted to wish you luck for when you decide to get rid of the paci. My first son was about a year old & the only way I could do it was take it away cold turkey. He screamed ALL NIGHT the first night without it, but I didnt give in. I just went in every so often to comfort him. The next night he cried for an hour & by the 3rd night, he had forgotten all about it :)