i dont know what to do

My 12 yr old went to the school councilor yesterday cause one of her "friends " choked her Thursday. The girl got in school suspension and the principal called the parents. Her dad called me and told me that jasmine has nothing too worry about that his daughter won't retaliate. My daughter is scared. I'm worried to send her to school. What would you do? Now days kids do all sorts of dangerous stuff.

Comments

• Send her butt to school. If she doesn't show, it makes her look weak and scared and they will be bound to pick on her.

I got my ass beat at the bus stop one day in 6th grade. I ran home and told my dad I wasn't going to school, bawling. He dragged me into the car and made me go to school for that exact reason. You can't protect her forever. Keeping her home one day isn't going to make a difference, but will only make it worse for her.
  • @captivated true. I just am worried. She turned purple. The worst thoughts run through my head. I'm a worry wart. The girl comes from a rough home and I'm sorta worried she git beat. But hopefully she will apologize
  • I understand. It's a tough situation, but you can't let fear control your life. Yes, there are school shootings that happen. There are also child molesters that can break into your daughter's window at night and kidnap her. Chances are low that that will happen...so you just have to do your best to protect her. However, going overboard with it won't help anyone. Unless you were going to remove her from the school permanently, one day isn't going to accomplish anything. I'm sorry she is going through this!
  • I agree with captivated. But I would call the school to make sure they know YOU'RE worried about a retaliation so they can keep an eye out, preferably on the other kid & her friends.
  • @captivated well I think the girl was just outside yelling. If something happens to her I will involve the cops. This kid hurts people.
  • Can you fill out a police report without pressing charges? So if anything else happens you can have proof that shes done something before? And maybe tell the kids dad that if anything else happens, you WILL be pressing charges. Kurt him instill fear into the little brat.
  • *let him not Kurt
  • I agree with @natashalynn. I would definitely press charges if this happened again. Might be a little too late for a police report, but worth a shot.
  • @natashalynn well the kid has in school suspension. If I called the cops if something happens again then I will have the school back me up.
  • Suspension is a joke. Let's punish a kid by making them stay HOME from school. I loved getting suspended...never taught me a darned thing and I got to chill at home for a few days.
  • @captivated No kidding! She gets to stay in a classroom all day. I will call the school to make sure they keep an eye on her.
  • Ya I never got suspended, but some friends of mine did...one of them even ended up going on vacation with his mom while he was suspended. Smh. Such a stupid punishment.
  • Aaahhh I'm freaking out. This is my baby. I think I may go to thee bus stop and talk to the brat
  • Well the brat just came and apologized. I told her she does anything again I will have her arrested
  • Oh, IN school suspension. I take it back, that sucks! I had ISS a couple times and it was terrible! I'm glad she apologized!
  • She colored a picture and wrote a note on it. She looked scared
  • It made me feel better about it when i told her if she messes with her again she will get arrested. That poor kid needs help. She gropes boys and bites people
  • I'm sorry your daughter is going threw this and I'm even more glad the girl came back and apologized....it sorta sounds like maybe she has it tough at home and to me in school or not suspension is the dumbest punishment it didn't teach me a damn thing lol I hope your lil girl feels better now that she came over and you said that to her I doubt she will do anything hearing the word arrested!
  • Everything went good at school. I really think things will be okay
  • @Proudmomma You should transfer her to another school to be safe. Someone choking your daughter should get off easy. Alot of criminal activity develops from small dangerous acts im sure it isnt gonna stop there. Save her from that while you can. Sad fact the other kid only got suspended... :(
  • SHOULDNT get off easy sorry!
  • @aishamusa I had a good chat with the girl. I'm pretty sure things will be okay. School ends in a couple of months. My daughter and her talked like nothing ever happened
  • I'm sorry this happened to your daughter I would be worried too. But my parents told me to stand up for myself and I learned to do that bc I've always been small and got a lot of crap for it while in school but after some time of me just being brave people didn't say anything negative and I end up graduating from my high school which being friends with everyone in my class. But I did go to a small privet school so there were only 105 kids in my graduating class. The point is just keep trying to think positively and let your daughter know it will be ok this is just what kids her age do.
  • @Proudmomma Omg I would of gone crazy on that kids parents.. ~X(
  • What is sad is the kid has a pace maker and she needs to watch how she acts cause someone may not know and kill her. I told my daughter if she tries to hurt u just don't hit her in her chest.
  • I'm so sorry that your daughter is going through this.. it sucks to be bullied. Teach her to be strong.. if they hit her, to hit back and defend her self.. I used to be scared of people til one day I went home crying to my mom .. she literally shook me and said : let it be the last time you come home crying or I will hit you where you were already hit.. I never again allowed anyone to bully me.. I know that what my mom did was harsh but I appreciate it now that I'm grown. My little brother is 12 he was being bullied in school.. so we placed him in self defence classes. He has being there for little over a months and is way more confident now.. he isn't scared of going to school either.

I'm glad that you told your daughter not to hit her on the chest.. that would be horrible if someone kills her that way.. even though she should stop.or someone might kill her trying to defend themselves
  • Being bullied is hard! Especially when it becomes so physical like that! In 7th grade I was molested by one of the popular boys, I of course told my mom. The boy ended up getting in house suspension too. And had to keep a certain amount of feet away from me. Most teachers knew about it cuz we has some classes together. Well he definitely left me alone.... All his friends were a different story! They made the rest of the school year hell! I got harassed, pushed around, shoved to the ground, etc. It literally got so bad that during any break we had I would have to go sit in the office everyday! Definitely made me regret telling anyone what he did to me. Hope things continue to stay good for your daughter!
  • @smcox that's so sad! I'm so sorry.

Well that girl is back to calling me mom and is friends with my daughter. I really think she learned not to mess with jas
  • I'm just glad that things are working out well with your daughter and her friend! I pray that it continues that way!