Your input for the new app update - what a hubby can do to help

edited February 2011 in About App & Forum
Many members have suggested to add some content to the weekly updates that relates to the father. This is a good idea an I'd like to add it. Maybe you could help me out a bit?

It is a week by week text, so it would be great if you could specify the week, but general thoughts are welcome as well!

For the first few weeks I can think of the following things:
- helping out with what to eat and not
- read a book about what's going on
- remember rule #1 - she's always right (even when not)
- you can also talk to the baby (scientifically proved that the baby will react better to the father after birth)
- go to check ups together
- practice breathing exercises together (whether at home or at a class)
- etc

Please remember that for fathers the process is a bit more abstract and it is a more difficult for them to be absorbed by the pregnancy than for you.

Comments

• That's an amazing idea, it helps a lot too.
  • *Massages

*Flowers just 'because'

*If you have other children, let her sleep in, take over duty on weekends

*Clean the bathroom (especially useful if she gets sick)

*Special gift just for her, since usually once you're pregnant people never buy for her anymore, its almost always gifts for baby (birthdays, holidays)

*Special jewelry; perhaps babys birthstone; as a 'push present'

*Make meals to give her a break

*Bring breakfast in bed

*Be comforting & understanding

*Never forget hormones are in full swing, but NEVER under any circumstances tell her to control her hormones, NEVER get mad/upset for it, remember right now she has every right to act irrational, even when she's wrong she is right :)

*Compliment her

*Take her out, pamper her

*Help pick out baby items

*Cuddle with her

*Give her space if she wants it

*Don't get upset or give a guilt trip if she isn't into sex

*Never tell her 'NO' if she wants sex, it'll make her upset, feeling unwanted

*Remind her how much you love her, appreciate her & how happy you are she is carrying your baby

• Weeks 1-4 - you may not know yet she is pregnant,but if you suspect anything, begin beingmore understanding and look out for changes in her. If those changes aren't ones that she caresfor, such as darkspots, acne, etc then get her products to help those symptoms.
    Weeks 5-12 she is probably experiencing morning sickness, constipation,tiredness, and possibly mood changes. Reccomend a pregnancy test, buy it if she is not opposed to the idea.
    Its Positive :-))
    Be patient with her during her sickness, offer things to make her more comfortable. Don't make her feel awkward about things she cannot change.
    Get excited!
    Beinvolveded!
    Start walking with her daily!
    Itt may help if you change your diet to match hers, so she feels she not inthis alone. Small things really count!
    (Stop drinking, and smoking or cut back,especially if she requests.)

(To be continued......)
  • I have to beg my hubby to rub my feet, but it feels so nice!

*make dinner

• edited February 2011
    Thanks - ladies, it is very useful input!
  • Does anyone have some more input? Maybe for the weeks closer to the due date? Thanks!
  • its not fat...its maternal storage tissue! :)

help with nursery and baby registry

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nice, this is very helpful input! I am currently working on the update and hope to be able to release it this week. If any of you have more ideas that can be added, please comment!
  • Make sure he also knows the birthing plan off by heart, as this will also make him feel more confident about the labour :) and what should be in the baby bag and hospital bag, just incase u go into labout early and he needs to get it ready for u , when she's craving something make sure there's plenty in and don't touch!! Run her nice candle baths :)
  • @Martin I think it would be very helpful if you could add what month we are in to the stats page? It can be confusing, and most ppl that have never been prego don't understand when we say we are __weeks ;)

*sry I know you we're only asking about the husband stuff
  • @Martin thanx I think I will really b able to use them. @MrsDelRae great stuff thanx. (: (:
  • @FirstTimeDaddy thank you!! I appreciate the acknowledgement. You're a very wise man to do the best to your ability for your girlfriend, as well as going to such great lengths to make her happy. Good for you!