Share Your Weight Loss

edited March 2012 in Postpartum Health
Hey pregly. I'm 6 months PP and 40lbs heavier than prepregnancy :/ I began my Phentermine weightloss journey on Monday and have already lost 4 pounds. I'm beginning my Tiffany Rothe workout routine tonight as well as her diet plan. What are you ladies doing for weightloss? Kinda wanna share and get tips/advice/encouragement if ya don't mind!

Comments

• edited March 2012
    I lost 17 lbs within 6 wks after having my baby and then it just stopped. I gained 25. I was on the heavy side before I got pregnant so I am no where near where I wanna be lol. I am 160 and would be happy at 130. I've been walking/jogging 3-4 times a week and limiting myself to 1200 calories a day.
  • @starrxoxo9
    I've barely been eating yet I feel oddly GOOD. Lol, I'm excited to be back to my old size! I lost 15 after delivery from about 175 to between 163-160. Right now I'm 155 and desperately wanna be back to 130 again!!
  • How do you like the phentermine? Any side effects??
  • Ok im a guy so probably doesn't count as much lol. I have dropped 35lbs roughly since christmas. That includes being laid up with about 5 weeks bedrest and no exercise for 10 weeks. Have now been cleared by doctors to start exercise again so went for a 10km run this morning lol.
  • I gained 40 with baby #4 (preggo after losing 50 on phentermine). I lost 20 right away. now im up and down. :( i try to go to the gym 3 times a week and limit myself to 1200 ish calories. Back on phentermine, half a pill a day. otherwise my anxiety is through the roof worse than usual. I haven't weighed in a lil while.

myfitnesspal is a GREAT app for calorie counting. if you use it, i am mreece08 you can add me as a friend!

@KayyCarter
  • edited March 2012
    I lost about 150 on low carb high protein diet. That was about 3 years ago. After my son I gained back 20...he is two, after I had him lost 13. I went back to the low carb high protein and lost another 15. I am now pregnant again due in 16 days and have gained 18 back:( after this baby I'm back to low carb high protein (which I've been on the whole pregnancy) just after gonna start the gym again, I'm fortunate to have a free gym at work so gonna go back to that. I don't do alot just treadmill and some other lower weight more rep exercises, just to tone up.
    I can tell you tho the whole higher protein helps especially in the morning, I can last longer to lunch and just healthy snacks in between. I always bring my own food to work so I don't snack on bad stuff...I get Greek yogurt and also buy alot of those small packs of almond and nuts, no salt. Its all about portions and just don't overeat on things. Really look at labels and what an actual serving size is. Encorporate whole grains...I usually limit myself to 4 carbs (one serving of each) a day. So one slice of whole grain bread in the morning, a two eggs. Usually lunch is salad with of course grilled chicken low fat dressing and I do put just a small amount of croutons. Dinner a veggie, some type of meat and usually avoid the carb group but sometimes if I'm in the mood whole grain rice...I have found if you completely cut out something then you crave it which then becomes a prob bc you want it so bad then all the work you've done is a waste. SO I do occasionally even eat ice cream but its a serving which most is about a half cup or so. My main motivation is I don't wanna be 325lbs again so for me I guess I have that in my mind and pics around of me at that weight which scares me, lol.
    Good luck and keep us posted sometimes if you share your experiences, losses it can help alot:):)
  • Sorry so long...
  • 40 lbs gained during pregnancy, I delivered at 190. I am currently 168 so 18 lbs to go, but I feel like I have hit a plateau....trying to up my protein, run farther, and eat better. We will see if I can get back to 150! :)
  • 168 when I delivered started at 132 by 3 Wks pp I was 135 I stopped bfing at 5 mos pp and here I am at 126 6 mos pp. I make sure I eat a lot of fiber