why does it always have to be family??????

Why does it always have to be family that find a way to hurt you the most? To make an extremely long story short when I was 11 I moved in with my aunt and uncle bc my dad was wrapped up in drugs real bad and my mom died when I was 6 but after I moved in with them I had to do all the chores and when I say chores I mean everything from washing dishes to trimming the hedges in the yard. My aunt started to hit me and my uncle would always take her side so when I was 1 month from turning 18 I left bc me and my aunt got into a fight over me not liking some shirt at the mall and when we got back to the house she tried to hit me and I dodged it and told her if she ever tried to hit me again I would leave so she swung again and hit me in the face, I simply turned and walked away. Even with the mark on my face my uncle still chose my aunt. So I went back to georgetown which is where I am from and called my uncle just trying to talk to him so he could meet my husband and son and his exact words were I will have to think about it young lady, I never heard anything back from him, how harsh can your own family be? Im sorry this is so long but thank you for sticking with me to finish out my story.

Comments

• I'm sorry your family hurt you maybe its best this way. Why give them the chance to hurt you and your family ? you can be part of my family they love meeting new people and welcome people with open arms :)
  • I say let bygones be bygones. You tried and it sounds like your aunt has a hold on him. It's sad that someone can have control over another for the sake of a grudge. I think you showed you are the better person and willing to put the past behind you with that invite alone. I know it doesn't ease the hurt, but what you did speaks volumes for your character. That alone should make you proud and should be reason enough to smile! Keep your head up! *hugs*
  • I'm so sorry. But why would you want people that hurt you so bad near your baby and your hubby? I am amazed that you were nice to enough to even offer them the chance to be near you again. You are an amazing person.. their loss
  • I feel the exact same way girl me and the majority of my family don't get along at all! Just be grateful of the great people you have in your life now even if it's only 3 or 4 people. :)
  • @rylansmommy1 ... How old are you now? How long has it been since you last spoke to him? Just wondering?
  • I say you're better w/o them hun. you did you're part, now leave it up to God. If they wanna be in your life, they'll make an effort, if not...at least you can say you tried. Good luck girl :)
  • @clope18 ... I agree! Even tho its sad, turn your focus onto your immediate family. Your situation is already misfortunate... Don't allow it to continue to draw you down.

When life deals your lemons... Make lemon meringue pie ;-)
  • You have your own family now :) Don't let them get you down, that's what they want. Some people thrive on making others miserable, so don't give them the satisfaction. You're a way better person than them! :)