how effective is the pill ?

I take my pill every single day at the same time an have never missed one an I'm on my 3rd pack but I'm scared to death of getting prego again Wat are my chances if I'm taking it correctly?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate I jus remembered I took a Augmenton I had from wen I was prego cuz I thought I was gettn a uti cuz it was burning wen I pee but I only took one cuz I remembered my birth control did that have a bad effect on it ? I'm so scared
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had my period like 2 wks ago an I didn't use anything for bak up but I had a etopic bout 5 years ago an every time I get prego I have lil pains n that tube they sed its becuz I get cyst wen I'm first pregnant an now I'm noticing tiny pains there an on my side an I have to pee a lot wuld a uti cuz me to have pain there
  • Very effective if u take it like that. I was on the pill for 2 years. No back up bc @ all and i never got pregnant. Then i stopped takin it and got pregnant within a week! lol but they worked really well for me.
  • It's 99% effective with perfect use. With typical use it is between 96-98% effective. It also depends on what pill it is. The mini pill has a slightly lower effectiveness.
  • @oc86 @captivated thanx ladies my pregnancy test was neg an my uti test was positive so I'm hoping that's where my pain is from an its jus not to early I think I'm goin to the shot Wednesday I'm so nervous on these pills
  • Girl, I feel you. I am terrified on the mini pill!
  • @captivated lol is the shot safe ?
  • Safe in what regard? Breastfeeding is not recommended with depo, but other than that I don't see why not. You may have some unpleasant side effects, but that's with any BC
  • @captivated no I don't breastfeed I jus heard people say bad things about it
  • You should use a backup birth control along with the pill to be safe. Even though the pill is almost %100 cause medication is not always 100 accurate with what it says it'll do. Im an overly cautious person too :D
  • I've heard terrible things about it as well, that's why I won't use it :-S
  • I was on the shot and I hated it! Horrible mood swings, horrible weight gain and horrible bleeding lol.
  • @starxoxo9, the bleeding symptom is the one I have heard from everyone I've known on it! Bleeding for months on end does not sound attractive to me! :-q
  • I was on the shot and had horrible mood swings and weight gain... Went off it and was pregnant 1year later. 6 years ago I was also on the pill and got pregnant with my daughter...
  • @captivated Lol it was awful. They tried to have me ride it out and get another shot but I said hell no! This was like 6 years ago and I've been on the pill ever since and I have no problems with it. Unless you count plumper boobs as a problem. Which I don't lol.
  • @captivated I didnt bleed at all... I actually have not had a period since 2008... (between the shot, my 2nd pregnancy and breastfeeding now)
  • @lilbit01_209, that's awesome! I can't imagine. I have irregular and horrid periods due to my endo. Sometimes I wont get one for months and then sometimes I'll get them for weeks.
  • @captivated Its not bad except that I didnt know I was pregnant with my son. When thet were trying to figure his edd we were all confused on it!! Lol...
  • I know how that is! @lilbit01_209. And I am insanely jealous that you haven't had a period since 2008.
  • @lilbit01_209 I was on the shot for 2yrs went off it and got preggo only 4months after. My only symptom was little bit of hair falling out and a cramps/PMS symptoms without the bleeding. That was too often eather :)
  • I mean Wasnt too often* damn phone :)
  • Ugh I Dk Wat to do my friend had 2 kids while on the pill I'm so scared of it lol an condoms hurt me but I don't want mood swings or weight gain from the shot ugh jus sux lol !
  • edited March 2012
    The nuvaring is super simple and effective. I've had just about every form of bc including the shot, and the ring was the easiest and least amount of side effects. I gained a little weight on the shot, and actually didn't have any periods after the first one, but it can cause osteoporosis and that freaked me out way too much. The ring is what I'd be on right now if I wasnt ttc. You should look into it. :)
  • @RTMommy Omg osteoporosis! Ok the ring an do u no Anythang about the patch?
  • @sophiasmom11 that sounds awesome I'm jus so scared of them not workin I have a 4 year old 21 month old an 5 month old I'm so nervous lol !
  • @sophiasmom11 I go to the Dr tuesday so were gonna talk about sum diff birth control !
  • I was once@ depo for 10 yrs. I loved it. The only down is mood swings towards the end of each shot and it can take up to two years to get prego but I got prego within a year.
  • @Proudmomma dang I hate mood swings but I want sumthn strong lol !