Over Due Update!

edited March 2012 in Birth Stories
Soo some may remember how I always complained to my docs about being sooo damn swollen. Well finally at 40 weeks and 3 days they gave me a 24 hour piss test. I was positive for pre e. They called me in on 40 weeks 5 days. After sitting for 3 hours they finally gave me magnesium(to control blood pressure) pitocin and iv fluids around 7pm
I started having contractions around 2 am but didn't wake up my husband til around 5am. I kept refusing an epidural even after the doc said this was probably a 8-9 lb baby inside my huge belly and I was getting pitocin. He said pitocin makes the contractions worse.
The contrations started getting painful so I asked for some iv pain meds around 6:30am. My husband went to go get more ice and the nurse went to go tell them I wanted iv pain meds. While they were gone my water broke! I had been pushing with the contractions for a little bit. I didn't know I was suppose to tell the nurse when I felt the need to push. Oops.
My water had the mechonian in it. Idk how to spell it. But baby poop. Haha. So they set up a nicu bed and got the nicu team in the room. I pushed for 1 hr and 45 min. I had him at 8:26am. All the doctors and nurses kept asking me what number baby this was b.c. I wasn't screaming and crying. I was so focused on pushing when they told me to. Even though I got some pain meds I could still feel everything. They 'helped' him out of me by stretching my vajayjay according to my husband. At one point I yelled 'ahh what are you doing?' And the nurse said 'hes trying to get your baby out'. He stuck his ginger you know where!! Ewww. Haha..
So anyways. Baby boy was born on nov 16th at 8:26am at a whopping 9lbs 2 oz 21 inches. We didn't even have a name picked out. We couldn't agree on one we loved. When the doctor came in and asked for his name I wanted to cry b.c. I didn't know. But my husband said 'his name is Mason James' :) I suggested that name a cpl days before.
Mason has to stay in the nicu for 8 days. He wasn't breathing real well on his own. His white blood cell count was high, which means the body is trying to fight something off. At 5 days old he was off the oxygen.

Mason is now 4 months and 10 days old. He weights 19lbs 6 oz 27 1/2 inch long. He is in size 3 diapers, size 3 shoe and size 12-18 month clothes!! He is a huge boy. Very strong. He was able to pick his head up in the nicu. :) he has rolled over on two different occations. But hasn't done it since march 6th. His doc said since he is so broad it will take him a little longer. But he is my little froggy. He loves to jump! He is such a wiggle butt. Always moving and talking unless the tv is on. He skypes with daddy(he's in kuwait) and just watches daddy. He doesn't realize its daddy and not a movie. I hope he realizes it later on.

I will try and add photos if I remember how. Lol

Comments