i cant believe..

edited April 2012 in Breastfeeding
..my parents have a hard time thawing out milk...I had a huge freezer stock and I went over the other day and it is almost all gone :-( They have her on weekends only for 4hrs. I found out they are wasting probly half if not a little more/less! She eats every 4 to 5 hours and usually eats about 7oz..how hard is that to figure out. They thaw out way more than needed. They usually thaw out 2 or more bags at a time cause they can't tell how much is in them. I understand that but why not just thaw out one bag and then if its not enough thaw out another one. I had to bring home a 7oz bottle and use it because they thawed out like 13 to 14oz so I had to pump because I had to give her a bottle at the next feeding. Ugh! I'm so irritated!

Comments

• Omg I would be soo upset! I spilt only a 4oz bottle oce after pumping and cried :(
  • Yea I wanted to! My lo will be 5 months on Easter...but I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy formula at all the first yr.
  • I could never pump enough so I had to just breastfeed and when we went out in public give formula which made my son wean off of breast milk it was horrible, have u tried to tell them tht u put enough in each bag for one full feeding so its enough?
  • They have milk from thee months ago so I know there is not enough in one bag...but they pull out two good full bags instead of like one little and one big. @raylansmommy1
  • Wow, that would annoy me. I write the amount of ounces on there for that reason!
  • I never thought of doing that lol @captivated