sick baby & very tired mama :(

edited April 2012 in Babies Health
This is mostly a vent, just as a heads yo, although if people have any advice on how to help a baby with a cold, feel free to throw it out there.

McKinley is 9.5 months now, and is obsessed with licking things. I do my vest to stop her and keep the house clean but you take your eyes away for two seconds, she's licking the cat, the window, the laundry basket...everything and anything. So i guess it was bound to happen. Friday night she woke up from a nap really warm, and sane thing Saturday. Sunday she developed a running nose, and sounds like there's some mucous in her throat, and would not eat it drink anything (but did have more than 3 wet diapers) Normally she's in bed by 830, we can put her down awake, and she falls asleep. Nope not last night. After multiple baths, attempts with bottles, a ride in the car, holding her and singing, she fell asleep in my arms at 130, now at 730 am, guess who's awake?? (Oh and her dad slept snoring the whole night through. How, I have no idea since she was screaming!)
I'm a ftm, and this is the first time she's been sick, plus my parents are on a vacation,so I can't ask them for help. I'm just sleep deprived, grumpy, and feeling so very lost. Especially with the not eating thing.

Comments

• Sit in the bathroom with a hot shower running for about ten minutes, a humidyfer in her room, prop her crib mattress up with a phonebook on one end, baby saline drops and suck her nose out with the bulb thing, watch those wet diapers, call your doc, sounds like she may need some pedialyte (dont want her to get dehydrated). Whats her temp?
  • @kimberly4411 its been ranging from 37-39.3 c (don't know what that is in f) I called the Dr. They said that if it goes to 41.1 to go in. Thanks for the other tips. How young can they have pedialyte?? The nurse didsay to watch for signs of dehydration so that's my main concern

Thanks for responding BTW
  • edited April 2012
    Pedialyte is safe after 3 months i think, give an ounce or 2 at a time every 2 to 3 hours. And of course :) my lo hasn't gotten sick yet but i'm sure i'll freak out when she does
  • Thanks @kimberly4411 ill try it out. Do I need to water it down? I hope its stays away from your lil girl for a long long time!!! It sucks!
  • I'm not sure about the watered down :/ sorry and thank you :)
  • How's she doing? How are you holding up?
  • Hope you 2 are getting some rest...FYI pedialyte is fine at any age not watered down. The hospital gave it to me for my son at only 1 week old. Hyland's makes some homeopathic cold remedies, and your daughter is probably old enough for some baby Tylenol or baby cold medicine to make her feel better and rest a little easier...