Child care/Day care

edited April 2012 in Parenting
So i have an 8 month old as of today!! :) but i got a job which is about a 45min drive everyday, but no one in my family is helping, and i don't have a babysitter cause i had to move... So i'm going to have to see if i can get daycare in a little tiny "hick" town, not trying to be disrespectful or racist, but i'm really scared to put my daughter in day care for the first time, is there any word of advice from a pregly momma who has had to use daycare? i was always agaisnt it from the weirdos abusing kids & all, so i'm really nervous and scared, i hope i find somebody i can trust.. i never wanted my daughter in day care...ever..

Comments

• Research, research, research!! It took me 4 months to find the perfect place. I did a thorough tour, I checked reviews, I asked a billion questions, and I found a place that is amazing!!

They've worked with my daughter on her sign language, helped get her on a schedule, and she absolutely loves it there! My son is in their pre k program, and has learned to spell his name, knows time, and even is learning basic math!

Just do your homework and you'll find somewhere you're happy with. I promise!
  • well the place i'm looking at has a popluation of like oh jeez i don't know, about 500-1000? very little town that is like 15 mins away from where i will be working for the first time since i've had my daughter...i'm so scared.. and nervous she is my everything, and hate to be away from her more than an hr... is what i'm feeling normal? saddens me to think about
  • @lilsugarsmomma i'm glad you found something safe & helpful!
  • Completely normal! I hated it at first, but it was harder with my first child than it was with her. I think it's because I wasn't 150% sure with his first daycare experience and I yanked him out of there after 3 weeks because the turn around was awful. I put him in an in home place, and although she was great, it just wasn't as personal as I would've liked it to be. This place, however, is amazing. I can't say enough good things... The teachers have been there since they opened 4 years ago, the lunch and snack menu is nutritious and well though of, they do all kinds of after hours family events like carnivals and family nights, they even have a Friday night "date night" where they order pizza and watch movies so that the parents can get some alone time!
  • @lilsugarsmomma oh thats so adorable, do you have 2 kids? or more, i only have one and i'm so nervous about all of this
  • I live in a small town, the good thing about it to me is, the people seem to take extra time with the children and actually care about them. They are not looked at like just a student or a #. I have had a wonderful experiance with it. My oldest son learned a lot(sign language, spanish, all the basic pre k stuff) they even had an in ground pool and taught swimming lessons...no extra fees either. They have an online system you can log onto and view to look in on ur lo classroom any time. In the big cities day care is a lot more expensive and you are charged for all the extras. Just because it is a small town don't feel that the facility will not br up to date and even benefit ur child. Also my son is mix black and white and we never had any problems of racism. All the stereotype of small hick towns is so not true, the majority of the people are very caring, loving, people that have very good morals and values with big hearts.
  • My son goes to daycare around the corner from my job I go check in on him kduring my lunch break just do your research and do a tour and ask other parents if ghe like the center
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.