3rd Pregnancy

edited April 2012 in Pregnant
This is my third pregnancy. My daughter is 8 and my son turns one April 5th. I am about half way thru this pregnancy and I'm wiped out. I know the more kids u have the more they run you down. But this pregnancy is really taking a serious toll.

I was put on pelvic rest last month and go today for our follow up ultra sound. So I am hoping for some good news but I've just been so terribly sore and exhausted this go around.

My first pregnancy I had some of the same medical issues (low lying placenta short term of pelvic rest) and that pregnancy was also a girl. But my sons pregnancy was such smooth sailing and its been so many years since the complications with my daughter I was hoping as I got older the easier they'd be on my body but apparently...no such luck. This one is the worst yet pain wise. Constantly having back pain and sore muscles. Can't walk more then 20 minutes without serious reprocussions and I've got a 1 year old and an 8 year old to take care of on top of things. The pelvic rest though kinda scary has been a bit of a blessing. Its always a little easier on you when your doctor tells ur husband - she can't do these things help out. So he has been doing the laundry since its in the basement of our 2nd floor home and its heavy so that's really helpful. But I am just so sore all the time its driving me nuts.

At about 19 weeks I had a bought of Braxton Hicks on a drive from Long Island New York to Philly (4 hr drvie) and lasted thru the remainder of the day which is never any fun especially this early on. Now we are 22 weeks and going for another ultrasound later today to check on the progress of my low lying placenta. Wish us luck.

Just hoping for a smooth sailing last 17 weeks....and a peice of cake delivery.

I've had to be induced with both children so far and had an epidural. But this last epidural was too painful to want to repeat! And came a little late and I was contracting through the whole thing so I am going without the epidural this time. Or at least going to do my best with that hope. This may be the last pregnancy I go through and eventhough I have felt every single painful contraction (even with the epi) id love to go natural at least once.

So to end todays rant <3 my kids are sleeping in the next room while we have a a sleepover at my mom and dads. And I can't sleep. I need more sleep before we go on with the day. Going to shut my eyes for 15 minutes and hope for a little more rest - while I can get it.

Comments

• Awe good luck. My last pregnancy was similar. I had complete placenta previa I was given no hope in it getting better, but it did! :)
    I had so much leg and hip pain, it was horrible. My daughter is 9 months now and my pain still comes sometimes. And my back hurts a lot. I was induced with my first child, my last pregnancy she came 4 days early :)
    I had my membranes stripped and I took evening primrose. I really think this is why I went into labor early.
    good luck, I hope everything turns out ok for you!