newborn questions?

edited April 2012 in Pregnant
How come my baby gets hiccups after eating. Its not always right after eating sometimes its like 10 mins after. Am I doing something wrong with feeding. Also to she shakes her arms if she's laying on her back and doesn't have a blanky covering them. I dont think she's cold, is that normal too?

Comments

• The arms is totally normal. Does she like to b swaddled? Sometimes that helps. For the hiccups is she burping enough? One of my girls got the hiccups alot and thats just how it was. Dont worry. :)
  • Yep my baby got hiccups after every feedn
  • I've heard that hiccups are a sign on the stomach settling?? I have had a few elderly folks tell me that. It could be totally false, but with both of my kids, once they got the hiccups, they wouldn't spit up again for an hour or so after they ate. Hiccups are totally normal, I wouldn't worry.

As for the arms, it sounds normal as well. Swaddling might help if baby is little enough.
  • hiccups are normal, they say its to do with the diaphragm not being fully developed yet. baby is still getting accustomed to breathing after being in the womb.
  • Did she hiccup a lot in your belly? I read that if they do on the inside they will on the outside. My baby did! The arms are normal its the nervous system maturing.
  • Thanks everyone :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hiccups are also just a part of their system developing and getting stronger you probably want them good thing also ur lo should be sneezing often as part of the development.
  • Im glad to hear sneezing is good lol, I thought she was getting sick or something cause she was sneezing
  • My son does the same. I've heard hiccups aren't as uncomfortable for babies as they are.for us. All my kids did it. My 8 year old still gets them when she laughs too hard lol