afraid of the dark?

edited April 2012 in Ages & Stages
Every time we go out at night my baby girl screams the whole car ride like she is terrified. she's only 6 months she's been doing this for a few weeks and I can't calm her at all without holding her. what can I do?

Comments

• Try cracking the Windows.. turn off the radio and allow for the white noise to soothe her... It works like a charm.

May baby was the same... She hated,hated, hated car rides.

Also, I found the best time of the day to travel.. my parents are 1.5 hours away and we go visit every other weekend and stay.

I found that my daugter traveled best right after breakfast around 10am or ever 7am when she should still be sleeping so she'll fall back to sleep easy.
  • Oh and during night drives I try and go to the dollar store for glow bracelets and I tie them around the head seat for her to look at.
  • Thanks @ynvtish I was thinking maybe some glow toy... and ya its only at night. she's fine any time during the day
  • Try traveling when she's just about to go to sleep.. or my mom has a shack flash light and Haylee will shack that darn thing all the way home. You would think there was a rave in the back seat.. lol
  • @YNVTish how cute!! Lol :)
  • @Ynvtish she's a little young to shake things yet but that's a good idea when she's older :)