Birth Story(finished)

edited April 2012 in Birth Stories
Went to bed the night of the 3rd, and for some reason I just couldn't sleep. My body was aching all over like I was getting sick or something. So I get about 2 hours total, and finally after looking at the clock a million and one times I get up at 5:30 to use the restroom. I stand up, and at that time I thought maybe I didn't make it, or some urine had leaked out, but I didn't think anything of it and went to the bathroom. I had to use the restroom a few minutes after that again...and I leaked when I stood up again. Hmmm lol. Went to the bathroom, and I swear it was like I'd not gone in a few hours when I had just gone not even 5 minutes before. I questioned if maybe it could have been my water that broke, but it wasn't a gush and I didn't feel a pop or click at all. They were just little trickles that weren't even regular trickles lol. So I get up because I can't sleep anyway and start my day like nothing is happening. I let my Husband know that my water "may have" broke, but I don't wanna get my hopes up and I'll just wait it out since I wasn't feeling ANYTHING. No contractions, no cramps, no pressure that wasn't normal everyday things. I'm in the middle of laundry when I had to go potty again(for the hundredth time that morning lol) and before I even got to the door I felt a major cramp and a gush. I got scared cause I labor pretty fast and I didn't wanna have the baby at home. I get the stuff ready to head for the hospital, and we get there around 2pm. They of course confirmed that my waters did in fact break, and they kept an eye on me for a few hours. My Dr came in and asked me if I wanted to start pitocin to get things moving, and after a long discussion with my Husband we thought it was best if I do take the pitocin, because I still have 4 children at home that need Mommy too. Started the pitocin around 6:30-6:45 and started getting regular contractions around 7:30...I was officially in active labor. Contractions started getting pretty bad around 9, and my Husband did a wonderful job of holding my hand through the whole thing, naturally. I started to feel a lot of pressure and little bits of urges to push so we called the Dr in at 10, I was dilated to an 8, but dilating as he was checking me...a few seconds later I was a 10. I pushed for about 3 minutes, and at 10:05pm we had a suprise baby girl, Jayda Eileen. We thought she was a boy, but our little trickster was sure enough a beautiful baby girl at 7lbs 12oz and 19inches long. I had her at 38+3 weeks :-)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments