Am I the only one without a drivers license!? :(

People make me feel like the worse mother because I can't drive. They ask me like every week if I've gotten it yet, when I'm going to, or what's my problem. I have my permit but I've always been so nervous to drive. Is it terrible that I don't have my license?! I feel so pathetic that I can't get over this fear of driving... I don't want my son to be embarrassed of me when he grows up. Ok sorry for going on and on I'm just having one of those days and it's really getting me down.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Same exact thing here.. I freak out in the car!
    I need to get over other though... I'm pretty old and my son will be starting school soon
  • @nameless ok I'm not the only one!
  • How old are you? I didnt get mine until I was 21, and my son was 3yrs old. I knew how, but I was always terrified to drive and it got even worse after I had my son. I was afraid to drive with him. Dont feel bad. You're not pathetic. I know a lot of people who drive but probably shouldnt! Lol
  • I'm old! 26!!
  • Meee! I got my permit an a couple months ago an I have drove one time I'm a nervous wreck driving I'm fine n the passenger seat lol but ima start practiceing more
  • No need to feel down or embarrassed about it. If your not comfortable driving, you shouldn't do it!! I've had my license since i was 16..its nothing to be scared about. Do it on your time! As long as you get where you need to go then don't worry about it and what other people say
  • @DavidnAadynsMamma I'm 22...exactly I know how too but I'm so afraid, and my husband is such a sweetie and doesn't care, but I feel so lame. I don't want to practice while my son is in the car and I'm so scared to take the test! lol that's so true I know a lot of those ppl too! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • @Mrz_Jackson yeah I hardly drive because I don't want to when my son is with us. I'm always terrified I'll do something wrong and wreck the car.

@sands3 thanks for the encouragement...ppl just don't realize how hurtful they can be. I want to be the best mom I can and they make it seem like this makes me horrible.
  • I am going to be 28 on the 23rd,, and I just barely obtained my license!! I got so much shit about it, people held it over my head like I was do irresponsible, but now they have nothing to judge me for! The test isn't hard, and driving is only as scary as you make it! Just remember, when you do drive, you're doing it illegally and if you get caught, you're in deep poo...trust me, I almost went to jail for it!!
  • me! omg i had my permit for years i renew it every year lol i hate driving. i get nervous and flustered n my hands sweat. my bf used to take me practicing but ever since being preggo n having the baby i haven't. i even let my permit expire :-( i can drive but i don't like to. i think i have a phobia lol...oh and i am 25. i feel bad too. since i am the only one who doesnt work and my bf and mom do work and they gotta drive me n my kids around lol

@nameless girl i am 25 and i am lucky my kids school is 5 minutes walking distance from my house lol. my mom and bf been picking n dropping them off since i had baby tho...
  • edited April 2012
    I would get it now..because you the older you get ..like me.. the harder and more nervous reck you get! I'm gonna have to get it done.. no matter what..
    You know whats crazy, none of my sisters drive
    25,27,28,29 none of them have a licence and only the 25,28 has a car..but its sitting there in the drive way
    @myHEARTZx3 everyone is to busy..they can't take me places..I have to wait for my husband to get hone from work...and it's hard now since it's me+ 2 kids..the school is like 15-20 min walk..I don't mind..but it gets pretty hot here lots of crazy drivers,
  • @nameless same here. its so hard because i gotta wait for him to come home...plus he coaches some days after work.. so i feel like i am always waiting. i have 3 kids so i feel like i should really be driving it would make everything easier for everyone. my bf doesn't mind n never complains but i feel so sorry like he has to everything for us lol i heard my kids talking the other day my daughter was like "momy doesn't know how to drive" then my son says "yes she does! she knows how to drive she just doesn't know how to park..yeah mom?" lol because when i stopped practicing i was learning how to park.
  • @LilSugarsMomma that's what ppl do to me! oh no I never drive illegally I only drive if there is another adult old enough and with a license with me.
    @myHEARTZx3 yeah I renew mine every year too...I have to renew mine tomorrow again and it's so depressing...one time the lady almost printed off a license for me on accident lol I was so excited...but then she caught it. Darn.
    @nameless yeah I know I really need to before it gets worse. I don't want to have to depend on everyone always. I can never go anywhere because my husband is gone mon-fri until 9 so I'm stuck in the house always.
    @Mom2ing oh that's such a good idea! There is a school close to us too....I do need to be more confident! Thanks so much for the encouragement!
    @myHEARTZx3 yeah that's how it is here too...my hubby could care less but I wish I could just get everything done for him so he could just come home and relax, but I am so thankful that he has never judged me! haha aw your kids are so cute!
  • @naneless, can I hace their car? Lol!

I love driving, its like freedom. But I lice in nyc now & use transit here.
  • If u have means of transportation and you're getting around just fine, I wouldn't worry about getting them but I will say that its very convenient to be able to drive so that u may go as you please. I've had my L's since I was 16 and I couldn't imagine not being able to drive. My mother is a very paranoid driver. She won't drive on interstates or expressways or pretty much anywhere where there is major traffic congestion but she'll cruise around town all day though.
  • @caroline8_p...right! My other sis had a car, but sold hers,since she didn't drive it
  • No your not. I don't have mines I'm going threw driving school now and its sooooooo boring. I wish I would have been did this cause the young kids in here are annoying cause they think everything is a joke.
  • Oh I'm also scared of driving cause I don't wanna get into a car accident
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I know I'm working on it.
  • I see alot of mothers that don't drive. I'm working on getting my permit. Getting SO close to passing, I really hope this next time I go to take it I pass it!!
  • @Babyluv I'm 21 and I don't have mine either and my daughter will be one on Saturday!!! I had an appointment this coming Thursday but I called and canceled because I got nervous );
  • My oldest sister didn't get hers till she was 30. Don't stress it when the time feels right you will do it !
  • I know I've already spoken, but I keep seeing ladies telling you "your time will come" and it's true!! Your time will come when you're ready, and don't let people drag you down. They're only doing so because they dislike things in their life and they think dogging you will make themselves look and feel better.
  • Im 30.next month without mines n i dont give a damn about what anybody thinks but i do plan on getting my L's sooner Or later
  • i dont either! im so scared to drive but im determined to get over that now...every since i got into a car accident i been scared to! but like i said im trying to get over it!