CALLING ALL MARRIED MOMS!

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
Hi ladys im 23 with 3 chidren&pregnant with my 4th im not currently working I quit my job at payless due to the work that I had to do.. My issue is my husband is LAZY! he has just given up on looking for a job I try not to scream,yell and argu but im starting to loose my cool..ANY ADVICE

Comments

• I had a boyfriend like that (well, actually a couple). Eventually, I got so sick of working my ass off and getting treated like crap while he sat around and smoked pot and drank malt liquor and only worked like 15 hours a month, that I did bitch him out. Instead of pulling his head out of his butt, he threatened to break up with me and move back in with his mom. Ugh. I ended up getting him a better job, even filling out his application, before I dumped him for my husband.
    I'm not saying don't dump him! I was tired of my old guys crap and I fell in love with my future husband, so I ditched the other guy. Calmly explain to him that unless he wants you and your babies living in a shelter, he's gotta make some money for the rent and food.
  • Ugh, I am so sorry! I know its tough to have someone like that. How old is he? My hubby is lazy about making important phone calls & the like, and I hate being a nag, too, but it has cost us litterally thousands of dollars & I lost my cool, too.
    I hate to say it, but its actually when I finally lose my cool that he actually gets off his butt & does what he needs to do... I always end by telling him that I hate that he's lazy so long that I get fed up & just wish he'd take care of things on his own so I don't have to...
    Maybe it would help to just sit him down & say "look, I know it sucks, but you HAVE to keep looking. A job is not going to find you"... and then definitely tell him how much you appreciate it when he does look. Good luck! :)
  • Wow I would be so mad at him. But my hubby has been "looking" for a job for a long time too. Men hate failure, and he might just be tired of it.
    I helped my husband with applications and stuff, it helps for them to know that they have their woman by their side. Rather than nagging them like a mom ;) ( my hubby hates that)
    Sometimes they need us to hold their hand and help them, but making sure they keep their manhood ;)
  • My hubby is working, but he makes very little. I lost my job right before I got pregnant so now we are back at my mom's expecting our 2nd. He keeps saying he is going to look for a second or better paying job and has done nothing.
    I think it's a comfort thing with them. They get in a groove and don't want to mess with it. They also tend to give up quickly. Maybe explain to him that he needs to man up or your family is going to be in serious trouble. Offer to help.
    Good luck Hun!
  • @1_mama just fill out the applications for him. I work for a staffing agency and I see men all the time that just give up. Help yourself and just do the leg work..... It'll pay off when he starts getting check. :)
  • @vette_devil yes my hubby doesnt either he cant even order pizza but hes 24 today and we have been in this situation (him not lookin) since I got fired in nov of 2010..bt tht was my fault I shud hve faught to keep my job I knew he wasnt looking.@mommy2audrey I do all those things for him 2 I even take the assments if the applicatipn has 1and ur rite he doesnt like rejection he doesnt even like to argue.@victoriab we hve food and the rent stays paid and on time (THANKS FOR GOVERNMENT ASSITANCE N HOUSING) I mean he knows hoe to cut hair has all the men and bpys knocking aldau everyday but he wont do n e thing wit it! im jst tiref I guess
  • thanks @casnleslie and is ur name leslie cause thats mine too what a wickey dink,thanks also @jess510 u all are mking me fill better
  • @1_mama then if he likes cutting hair he needs to make a business out of it. At least it'll be money coming in. My hubby has friends that charge $10-$15 a pop plus tip and make a good living off of it.
  • @jess510 I guess thts y he has so many ppl he only charges 5
  • Patience is everything but after a while, enough is enough! My advice is not to stress too much for the sake of yourself, baby, and other children...i should be taking my own advice..lol. Have you tried talking to him? If he truly understands where your coming from, then there shouldnt b a prob...
  • @1_mama he needs to charge more! The popular hair cut here is a "fade"and not very many shops can do it right. Have him master the popular haircuts and start charging more or get more cuts scheduled.
  • edited February 2011
    @1_mama Leslie is actually my daughter's name. She's named after my aunt :) my name is cassy. That is still pretty awesome. Not a very common name.
  • Yes I did n I got tried n left him n now am happy n married to a amazing man he does everything for me n my kids